Fathers Day

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    well people, this is my first fathers day without dad. been thinking a lot about him this morning. all of you that still have your dad don't forget to go give him a hug if you can, or a call if he isn't close.

take him fishing, or to eat. just do something with him. dads don't live forever. make memories while you can.

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Phil, I know how you feel, i'm going on seven years now without mine.

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My dad passed wednesday, we had plans to go to the Catfish Kitchen for todays dinner but that won't happen.

Phill is right so treat your father like everyday is Fathers Day.

Happy Day to all the BOC dads

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    My dad's gotta work tonight, so I don't think we'll get to go fishing, but come tommorow, we will make up for it! Phil's right, spend all the time you can with your dad and family. The good times won't last forever, so make the best of it while you can.

5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Phil Your so right on that statement. This is my 4th year without my dad and it is still just as empty as the first one for me.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    14 years here without my Dad, but today is Moms' 87th birthday, so I'll try to make her day as special as she is to me.

Happy Fathers' Day to all the BOC brothers.

7. Outlw36

Outlw36 New Member

State:
    Prineville, Oregon
    This is the second year for me without my dad around. He passed on the 15th of 2004. My condolences to you Fishman, I know how you are feeling today. Best wishes to you all,

Jim Allen

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Phil, Danny, and James, very sorry to hear about the recent passing of your fathers. Prayers will be sent that God will help ease the pain over this fathers day.

9. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Very sorry that several of you had to go through this day without your father.My father passed 5 months before I was born,but from the time I was 10 till now I have had a good Step Dad.Today I fried fish for my Step Dad and mother and had my sisters over.You know it was just some of those ol catfish but they were good...

10. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Just talked to my dad. He turned 73 on the 1st of June. I tried to call this morning, but he was at my Uncles house, he is in bad shape, they picked him up today and placed him in a hospice. I am thankful that my dad is still able to get around, and my mom too. You never think about losing your parents, you think they will live forever, they have always been there. I am sure our children think the same of us. We talked for a long time about how me and my brothers and sisters when we were younger, and of course the comparisons to our kids. You know what they say about payback. Unlike others on this post, I can still call, or visit my parents at any time. I am as guilty as most, that I do not do that enough. My dad has never been fishing with me, more than anything I want to get him on the water while he is still able. I am hoping to do that next month, if all works out. My thoughts and prayers go out to each of you who no longer have your parents on this earth with you, may God bless you.

11. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I had a good father's day week end. My wonderful girlfriend got me a FD T-shirt, candy and a good smelling thing, shaped like a flip-flop, for my Tracker. She surprized me and said "Happy Father's Day" and gave the stuff to me. I cried a small, yet manly amount. I can't wait to have children with her. I called my dad today and told him to have a good'un. Yall have a great evening.

12. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    We little knew that morning, That God would call your name. In life we loved you dearly; In death we do the same. It broke our hearts to lose you, But you did not go alone. For part of us went with you. The day God called you home. You left us beautiful memories,Your love is still our guide And though we cannot see you, You are always by our side. Our family chain is broken, And nothing seems the same, But as God calls us one by one, The chain will link again.
    I Love You Dad!
    Author unknown
    I know it's a little late, but I was moved by it and thought you would be too!
    Note: My dad, is very much alive!