Father's Day

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Dredge, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Before I forget,Happy Father's Day to all my fellow fishermen.Did everyone get something nice?I got a new Tidewater 30 reel,fillet knife and sharpener.

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Thanks, Dredge.

My wife & I waited 16 years before our son came along. And 21 years later, I can say I wake up every day feeling like it's Fathers Day.:big_smile:

3. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I have to agree with that.Sounds like you don't give up easily.:big_smile:

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks Dredge and i second the motion. I gotta call daddy when he gets out of church. We live about 6 hours apart or i would go mooch another meal off of him.:big_smile:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Happy Father's Day back at ya all....rollo

6. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Happy Fathers day to all my BOC Brothers.
    Meeting my daughter at a small lake 90 acres today. Like I always tell her
    "Her presents is good enough for me".
    Then tomarrow my wife and I are off to Beaver lake!:0a22:​

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Thanks Buddy - what a weekend so far:
    Sat.was my "13Th wedding anniversary" :sweat:
    Today is "Father's Day" :big_smile:
    &
    Now I have to go back to work :sad2:(But I fill bless to even have a job now days)

"Happy Father's Day Fellows"! :cool2: :0a23:
    :wink:

8. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Happy Father's Day to one and all. Just found out that all the kids are coming out to help me celebrate "my" day and they're bringing all eight grands, so I'm off spend a couple hours on the river in about ten minutes to "prepare" for the enlightment of family.:wink::smile2::smile2: You guys enjoy the day and I can only hope that you're as Blessed as I. Stay safe and enjoy!!!

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I spent Fathers Day working on our Air Conditioning system which has gone Tangle Uniform.....:angry:

I scrubbed the coils, and its still freezing up solid. According to my studies, I need a Freon charge.

Nonetheless, my childrens hand drawn cards and hugs were enough to put me in a good mood despite sweltering in the house here with no air.

Hope all you Fathers out there enjoyed your special day.

10. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Well I hava a daughter with 4 legs and fur(Tasha) and she let Colleen and I take the jet-ski out ,we put in at Times beach on the Meramec and went 5 miles past Meramec Caverns and back (160 miles round trip) wow what a Ride

11. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    You checked the evaporator coil correct? The one inside the house. The number one cause of freezing up is a dirty air filter, followed by a low freon charge. Run it on "fan only" until ALL OF THE ICE is thawed from the evap coil, replace with a new filter and try again.

If you can get a set of gauges, you should be reading about 70 psi on the low side and 225-250 on the high side for an R-22 system, depending on the outside temp (Outside air temp plus 20-30 degrees depending on the efficiency of your unit, will be your high side pressure/temp reading). Make sure there is no ice on the evap coil or it will affect your low side reading.

Good luck!

P.S. You are supposed to have a 'card' to hook up those gauges.:wink:

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Fathers Day is a sad day for me because my dad doesnt take me fishing anymore.Its not that he wouldnt its just that he is always busy these days.You see he lives in Arlington National Cemetary now ,along with all the other heroes that reside there.As one of the newer members he is on the reception committee for all new heroes entering there.My Dad earned his place by fighting in WWll,North Africa ,Sicily,and Italy.After making the world safe for democracy he had to fight again in the Korean conflict.He was one of the Great Generation that without question saw clearly and did their duty to the full extent.He was and always will be my hero and idol.No other man stood taller the he did in my eyes.He passed away quietly in his sleep 2 years ago which I believe was the Lords reward for his service to his country and family.Forever in my mind are those lazy summer days when he would take me to the local lake or river and we would fish.I can clearly see him now sitting patiently on a rock ,enjoying the calm and peace,waiting for whatever fish to bite.He usually had some cold drinks cooling in the water and I can see the smoke from his cigarette gently rising in the summer heat.Fishing was his escape from the memories of two wars,and fallen friends.I miss him terribly but am proud of the fact that I never missed an opportunity to tell him he was the greatest man and father a son could have.I hope heaven has a gently flowing river or creek ,full of willing fish,and a nice rock for him to sit on.Thanks Dad for everything.

13. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    My father also fought in ww2 he landed in Normandy on the second day and fought all through france and germany ect. He was heading for Japan when the war ended. These were real men who were great Americans it took my generation to fu*k things up. Hes been gone for 10 years now.

14. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Skippy is so smart.

15. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Your just now figuring that out?:wink:

16. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Thanks for all the great posts.Working 10 hours straight yesterday,I just managed to read them.My kids are older,but in these times they're at home,splitting the bills.My dad's 83 July 26.He's still great for his age,so I guess i'm a little blessed myself.

17. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    u didnt get any dioxin in ur system from putting in at times beach did ya:crazy::smile2:

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yup. all the filters were replaced new, and the coils were scrubbed to a new state of being :smile2:

I dunno nuttin bout all those pressure readings and such but Russell Brothers Heating and Cooling did and they came out same day I called them, (great service, personality, etc by the way) 20 minutes later, 2 pounds of freon, and 109 bucks total, and Cuz was doin his best rendition of 'hammertime' on his back in the cold AC :smile2::cool2:

AND, the guy that came out said he was pretty adept at repairing electric boilers. I told him to expect a call about October to make sure were up to speed for the winter time lol :smile2:

So in one weeks time, I have replaced the wash machine that went tangle uniform, had the dryer repaired which had gone tangle uniform, and now the AC is fixed. Now, if I could get this !@#$%^^&&**( Mantis Tiller running I'll be happy camper. :smile2: Unfortunately, I'm out of off days. :sad2:

19. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Cuz
    Did he happen to mention where the previous 2lbs of freon went too????
    I take it he ran the leak detector around the unit......

What no fishing time:crazy::crazy:

20. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I hope he fixed the leak or you'll be TANGO UNIFORM again soon.

Notice I said TANGO UNIFORM not TANGLE UNIFORM:smile2:....get your acronyms straight there Mr. Pilot!

Repeat after me.....Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo etc........:wink: