Father's Day weekend @ Lake Bartlett

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Kubush, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Kubush

Kubush New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Headed to Barlett on friday with my brother and dad. Set up the rods around 7pm after a half hour of baitfishing. We fished all night and left at sunrise between 4:30-5am. We landed 5 flats and 2 small channel. I ended up catching my first flathead(s) weighing in at 18lbs, 13lbs, 5lbs and 3.5lbs. All flats were caught on live sunfish except for the smallest one hit nightcrawler. The fifth flathead weighed in at 8lbs. I lost about a 2lb. bass right at shore on a sunfish as well.The channels were caught using raw shrimp. We had a handful of other runs, but they either broke our lines in rocks or came up empty on the hooksets. I will try to post pictures soon.

2. txcats

txcats New Member

State:
    Texas
    Wow, that was a very good day

3. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Congrats James on your first flatties. Sounds like you had a good night of fishing. What part of the lake were you fishing?

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sounds like you all had a heck of a time out there! Congrats and welcome to the BOC!

5. Kubush

Kubush New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Larry, we fished the main lake off of a point north of the main boat ramp. We set up on shore b/c of the difficulty to catfish with three heads on a 17 1/2ft bass tracker.