Father's Day Present?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by roh1961, Jun 8, 2006.

1. roh1961

roh1961 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm scratching my head for a good idea for a Father's Day present. I have very limited resources and have done the hand-made and helper thing to death. My dad has EVERYTHING. It is impossible at holidays such as Christmas, Birthdays, and the just-whenever times when you want to show your apreciation of him.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Cater to one of his vices if he has any. Fix em up his favorite meal with enough to take home. LOL!

3. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Give your self . I usually buy the things I want so that my son has a hard time choosing gifts for me . But the things that I treasure the most are just simply gifts from my loved ones , a te shirt or mug or novelty item for fathers day makes my heart smile or a day set up for time just with me now that is a gift.

SE YOU ON THE FISH BANK AT THE NATIONAL GATHERING

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Just give him Money - You can't go wrong with Money"! (lol:lol: )

Take it easy Buddy,:byebye:
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

5. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    What father wouldn't want a pair of Spongebob boxer shorts?

My granddaughter gave me a pair of 99 cent fuzzy dice to hang on my mirror for Christmas and that was the best present I got. My wife fusses about them everytime she gets in the truck, but I told her they were staying until they rotted off. When I want something, I just go get it. It's the unusual little trinkets I get for gifts that I'm most proud of.

6. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Anything that is given from the Heart, make's the best gifts..Gift of LOVE= priceless...

7. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Take him out to eat at his favorite place and spend a good evening with him...

8. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I'm 51 and my dad is 73. Like most fathers, we both have everything we want or need. Now my dad loves to play golf. For fathers day, I'm taking him to a different golf course than he usually plays and the two of us will spend the afternoon together doing what he loves to do.

As for me, my sons can give me anything. Coffee mug, tee shirt, their time, a fishing trip, I mean anything and that's fine with me. It really is the thought that counts and not the gift. Just let him know you love him and spend a little time with him doing what he likes to do. That will be good enough.

9. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    You don't have to spend money if you don't have it. Spend time with him instead, take him fishing!

10. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Give him your Time & Attention (they must simultaneous). Those gifts are priceless & irreplaceable. My 3 daughters are always asking me what I want as gifts, but what I truly treasure the most is the time that I get to spend with them (they live far away).

11. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Give the best present in the world.YOURSELF if you can.Spend a day with him if possible.I know,I am a father.peewee-williams

12. spaceman

spaceman New Member

State:
    Strong, Ar
    the most priceless thing in this world is time, nothing can buy more, so just give him some of your time doing anything. you will both remenber it for years to come.

13. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Spend some time with him. Stop by and throw something on the grill....even if its burgers and dogs.The last Fathers Day I spent with my father before he passed he told me that it meant more to him when I stopped by and spent some time with him rather than spending money on him.
    I cant remember the last few gifts I got for him on Fathers Day, but I sure remember the good times and talks we had on Fathers Day.