Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will be here before you know it...If your like me you are always searching for that perfect gift for dad but he already has everything... Why not give him a fishing trip with Wheeler Cats Guide Service...My dad was the one who took me to the river when I was a kid and got me started catfishing....He had always heard about the big cats that lived in the depths but was never able to catch one..Last year, I had the pleasure of putting him on the fish he had always dreamed of....A 80 lb blue cat....That is a day that he and I will never forget...

A early Happy Fathers Day to all...
Jason Bridges

Attachments

· Registered
7,241 Posts
Thats a great story Arab! I can understand why thats a trip of a lifetime for you. By the color of that Monster BlueCat, Id say she came outta some pretty skinny water too!

Perhaps others can share a special memory of fishing with there fathers. For me, one memory that comes to mind quickly was fishing the Cabelas King Kat Classic with my dad 4 years ago on Lake Wilson. We caught about 40-50 ten pound fish in two days. Obviously not enough weight to place at the classic but we had fun nonetheless. Also during that trip, there happened to be one of the best skipjack bites Ive ever seen and they were the big 2-3 pounders. We spent an entire day below Wilson Dam catchin those things. There were so many, you couldnt even throw a sabiki as youd get five pig skips on there all at once and couldnt reel em in. We just through one jig at a time and had contest to see who could get the jig back to the boat without catching a skip. It didnt happen very often. lol

I also have very fond memories of my Grandpa who took me as a very young child on alot of fishing boat trips out of Ft Lauderdale going for Kingfish, Snapper, and Grouper. I attribute my love and devotion to fishing to him. Sadly he passed away a few years back. I miss him, but have good memories. I still even remember the name of that ol Head Boat, The Flamingo!

Thanks Dad, and Thanks Grandpa! Sure nothing like sitting on our beautifull waterways, waiting in anticipation of that next bite, enjoying time with friends and family. If your looking for a special trip for a father, grandfather, or that special someone whos been a mentor to you, a trip out with Ol Arab would be a great way to spend a special day.

Thx for sharing he story and pics Arab. It refreshed alot of good memories for me!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.