Father's Day gun

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by samh, Jun 17, 2007.

1. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Just had a big lunch of baked ham, squash, greenbeans, new taters, slaw,cornbread and peach cobbler with the family. After it was over the kids gave me my Father's Day gift, take a look at this:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/3006/tikkat3a.jpg

Tikka T3 in 25/06. Got'a say this is way better than house shoes or a tie.

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Nice looking gun, congrats. Let us know how it shoots.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sam congrats on the new gun. That is a nice looking farthers day gift.:lol::big_smile:

4. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Great looking gun. I've always wanted a 25/06. What scope are you thinking of putting on it?

5. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    I was really thinking about a Burris 4.5 X 10 X 42, but my son in law has one and when I sat it on the rings it hit the barrel, so I figure I'll go with a Burris 3 X 9 X 40, got one on my old Ruger 30/06, great scope, just thought about get'n a little more power and light for these old eyes, but I won't give up mounting a scope as low as possible for a little more power or bigger objective, I like'em sit'n as low as I can get'm.

6. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Nice Rifle, good luck next hunting season.
    Walter

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    slick looking rig sam! let us know how it shoots!

8. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    That is a nice rifle. Congradulations

I like my Burris scope as well.

9. txcats

txcats New Member

State:
    Texas
    Wow very nice rifle!!!

10. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    thats some fathers day gift! ill be waiting to see pictures this upcoming hunting season:smile2:

11. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Thats a great gift. Congrats Sam.

12. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    OK, it's been a busy summer ( and hot) but I finally got me a scope on the rifle. Got a Zeiss Conquest 3 X 9 X 40, mounted with a set of Warne Maxima rings. Haven't got any reloads for it yet, so I got a box of Remington Core- Loks, 100 gr, today and went to the pond dam we use to shoot. Wasn't the best day for it as I had to kind's rush it to beat the thunder storms that were come'n in, but I wanted to shoot. Got the scope sighted in and shot a couple of 1 1/2 inch 3 shot groups, not too bad for a truck hood/ roll of paper towel rest and a pretty good quartering wind. Can't wait to get to the bench with some different loads and some time to see what it likes and what it will really do.\

Just about had a stroke when the clerk at Wal-Mart scanned the green box from Remington today, tax and all that box of Core-loks was $19.60. Got's crank up the re-loader.