Father's Day '06 @ The Newport Aquarium

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by H2O Mellon, Jun 19, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The wife, 2 of the 3 kids & I spent yesterday at the Newport Acquaruim across the river from Cincinnati. It was the 2nd time for most of us, but my 3 year old daughter's 1st. My other 3 year old has spent almost a week w/ my parent at the their cabin, so he couldnt go with us.

It was a good time, but you'd think from the 1st time I would have remembered not to take any pics, becasue they are so dark. It costs a fortune to go here, but I guess it was worth it. In all we spent $60, so I guess it wasn't really that bad. The area, "Newsport on the Levee" is neat. You can get a season pass for roughly $34 per person so we may do this next year. It's a good way to spent a day trip, as it's just under 1 1/2 hours away from us. Here are some pics. I love the pic of my oldest son w/ the Ohio River in the background.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    some more pics from yesterday

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    just a couple more

4. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Brian,
    Great pictures of the kids, is the Ohio river display any good yet, we were there right after it opened up and all they had in it was a turtle...........Doc

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Those are some nice pics. Was one of those taken in the "bird poop" room? I thought I seen that in one of them. Looks like the kids had a good time. My daughter likes to go there too. Thanks for postimg them.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Doc,

They didnt even have a stinking Ohio River display now. It's is now a Licking River display w/ nothing but Darters & Chubs. :roll_eyes: The had a Mississippi River display w/ a couple bass, blugills & a VERY SMALL catfish.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great pics Mellon, thanks for sharing.

8. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    This is a place that has fish and you pay?

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    :lol:Yes, & for a little extra they'll let you bring a rod! Well okay, that last part isnt true. :big_smile: Boy if it was I'd have me a pic of a Redtail Catfish. That is my dream fish, my goal in life is to land a Redtail Catfish someday, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that will ever happen.

10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Are Red Tails the fish they were catching on OLN last weekend (in Search of the Big One!) in the Amazon? The guy caught a huge cat that broke his rod in half. It looked Red on top and grey underneath and went maybe 50#.

11. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Congrats. Looks like ya'll had a great time.

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those are the ones. Man it's my dream to catch a Redtail.