Father Daughter Day

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by SC Backwoods Baitman, Dec 9, 2007.

1. SC Backwoods Baitman

SC Backwoods Baitman New Member

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    Saturday My daughter and myself headed down to the Monty. The first thing she has always wondered is why would anyone get up before the sun and go fishing. But now she does we had a real productive day we caught 10 fish. There for a while it was slow going we tried drifting a while we caught a few 2# to 3#'s.Then I went serching for the big dogs. They were deep 60+. I don't know exactly how much they weigh because I didn't have a scale that went that high. What a new problem to have. I am looking for the best kind to use. Any Suggestions? I know there were 3- 40+lbs. All I have to go by now is the pics and they weigh 7lbs. LOL. I was using shad as cut bait and that came from SC Backwoods fish love it. Come by and get some. Scott
    See what I mean about the pics.

Attached Files:

2. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Sounds like you had a great day. Looks like it to with those pics LOL. Its always good the she a father & daughter or son have a memorable time out on the water. Thanks for the Monticello report.

3. SC Backwoods Baitman

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    Those new shad we got in work great. Next time I am taking the bait tank and try them live. That might be on Thursday and I'm probably take my Pastor. He saw the pics this morning and had a fit.:crazy:
    Talk to you later.

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrads on the catch, and nice pics. But please release the big ones:wink:! Thanks Pop Pop.

5. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Very nice Fish for sure...Great pictures.

Thanks for sharing..

6. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Its Great that father and daughter spend time together its always a plus when thay catch fish or anything else. Those were so big fish.

7. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    I can't wait for my daughter to get older so we can get some cats together. I bet the feeling is awesome.

8. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    Way to go, those are what it is all about. I can't what to get another chance to try my luck at it. Thanks for sharing the pics.

9. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Way to go, Scott. Emersome nice fish :big_smile: And I think that it's great that you're taking your daughter with you too. I'm with Pop Pop on this one, tho - please let the biggun's go back :smile2:

10. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Looks like a really good day on the water.

11. pog2

pog2 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nice fish Scott, Congrats on a great day spent with your daughter. Thanks for the pictures

12. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    nice day u had thats wonderfull with your daughter . thanks for sharing

13. crappie capt.

crappie capt. New Member

State:
    Rock hill s.c.
    scott thanks for the report. were you drifting or anchored.

14. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Oh yea, a Carolina girl in the making, hehe, ya gotta love it. It's a great age to teach Cpr if your willing, your choice but either way thanks for the story/pic's and I'm glad to see yas get into some big fish.

Congrats to you and the young lady ; )

-Jim-

15. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Nice Job Scott, looks like she will be waking you un next time. Please enjoy it now because these memory's can't be replaced later on :006::006:

16. LadyKatKiller

LadyKatKiller New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I remeber the father daughter fishing trips....I use to go with my dad all the time. Then I married Droptine and now they go together all the time...:wink: I think they are scared I will out fish them.. Take as often as she is willing to go. And Congrats on a day well spent...

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thankx fer sharin the pisc and showing me what I might have to look forward to when my babies get a tad bit bigger:wink:

18. SC Backwoods Baitman

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    I would like to set the story straight. I have gotten a couple of replies about keeping a few big ones. It is my practice to release the big ones so I can recatch them during a tournement. Like the one coming up in 08 on Monty.:wink: Look Out!!!!!!!!
    All fish that were kept were donated to Union Day School for a fund Raiser for the schools Band. They need uniforms and things. I just doing my part to help out.

19. SC Backwoods Baitman

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    Oh yeah Crappie Capt. I did a little of both. But the big ones were caught anchored.

20. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    nice job on the big catch and i gotta tell ya that the smaller fish...say anything less than 15 lbs...taste a whole lot better than them biggins...eat the smaller fish and release them monsters so they grow up and become mega monsters...again congrats!!