Fastfrank's Big Bluecat

Discussion in 'Member Braggin Area' started by fastfrank, Feb 8, 2007.

1. fastfrank

fastfrank New Member

State:
    Elgin, Alabama
    The fish was caught yesterday,(2/7/07 in about 30 ft. waterdepth. I fished with my buddy Steve Ball, (who caught an identical fish in Dec.), out of his 20 ft. Sea Ark. I use the Bass Pro 10ft. heavy spinning rod, coupled with a Shimmano 6500C spinning reel, 100 lb. power-pro braided line, snell-tied to a Daiichi 13/0 black hook. For bait, we used skipjack. Steve insists on using the biggest, bloodiest skips. We ALWAYS fish for the big ones. I'd like to take the time to give many thanks to Steve Ball, (one of the finest BIG BLUE CATMEN on this planet). Most of all, I'd like to thank the BOC, and all of it's members. It's because of you guys, who unselfishly "pump" tons of information, how to's, and personnal experiences into this site, that I was able to be the "lucky one" who landed such a magnificent fish. Of course, the Good Lord had to be smiling on me. He has blessed my life with great friends, and the BOC!!! He wasn't wieghed, but he was 54'inches long, with a girth of 43 inches. I'm guessing between 90 to 100 lbs. The fish was photographed, stomach was "vented", and it swam away to be caught again, I hope this helps some of the members out. Thanks, Frank Nyerges

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    If you'd like to comment on this great catch of Franks's, just Click Here to be taken to the original post on the board. Thanks!