Fast Lane

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gargoil77, Jan 23, 2008.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Ok I know there are people here that do this and I would like an honest answer. I drive 35 miles one way to work and experiance alot of people driving slow in the fast lane. Why do people do this? There is room for you too get over. Just get over! If they have a license then shouldn't they know the law says to drive in the right hand lane unless you are passing or there is a vehicle on the shoulder?
    If anyone out there can give me an explanation on why people do this I would appreciate an answer. Just one of my pet peeves.

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Probably talking on the phone. Whether you see a phone or not, doesn't mean they aren't on hands free.

That's one reason, I can think of, but there are lots more.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Reps to you Cheryl thats what I was going to say. I usually get right on thier a$$ and start flashing the brights. I know that its not right but well I get a little hissy when I drive and Im stuck behind one of those idiots. I have a ring tone for just my wife or home so I know that when it goes off I answer (if I can) usually on speaker so I dont have to hold it right next to my head. I have been trying to not get on thier a$$ so much tho:smile2:

4. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Thanks Cheryl and Ryan. I undersand that point and sometimes that the case, but alot of the times I look at them and they aren't one the phone. They are just driving.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

If ya ever see a big white truck with lots of decals on the back please do that to me. If I'm doin the speed limit or a bit over I'm gonna introduce ya to bright red brake lites real quick and hard. LOL! :wink:

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Maybe they are like me, just old and have CRS.........

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    George,

I used to do that, especially in town, but I'm not gonna do that in my little puddle jumper on the interstate. I'd be roadkill.

A couple years back, it seemed the new thing was for teens to sit almost thru a red light, no matter how many times they had horns blew at them. Then they'd take off when it turned yellow, just so no one else could get thru the red light.
    Ever had that happen?

Cheryl

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

No but I bet I would have fun with it. LOL!

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They did that long before we had cell phones. I think some people just get scared. Their speedometers are a little off of the guys in front of them and they see their self creeping up and get into the passing lane, then are afraid do go over the speed limit to go around. I've seen it a hundred times. Then when they get behind another car they freak out and do it again!. They just cant get the idea of going with the flow and that your alowed to hit the gas to pass.:angry::sad2:

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Most of the time I see folks on the Interstate driving just under or at the speed limit in the left lane because the RIGHT lane is rutted and rough,Its usually older folks . But I think TX has the right Idea,on the interstates[at least on I 40 ]theres a sign that says left lane for passing only.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Watch it! :smile2:

Have the same signs here as in TX but many people don't obey or maybe they can't read. I sometimes drive in the left lane if the road is rough but move right before anyone needs to pass.

It burns me to be passing a car or truck, I'm driving a few miles over speed limit but this NUT behind me is wanting to drive 90. I don't speed up but do continue to pass at a normal speed.

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I hear that ,Dayton,I get peeved at folks passing about 1/2 mph faster than me ,goin speed limit but take 10 miles to do it ,I usually just kill the cruise ,an let em go then resume. I hate the folks that have to go way over the posted limit. I try to go within 5 mph of it myself depending on the flow.

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    On a Interstate I can understand it. I get "fast and furious" people every morning who insist on driving 85+ on a 55 mph freeway, they get right up where I cant even see there front end and honk or flash there lights. I have this medical condition where when I pucker my foot slips off the gas to the brake. :eek:oooh:

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    see it both ways here. i do drive fast. usually run late for everything i do lol. but come on. ive gotton behind folks on the interstate when i was running 75 and they are going 66 and just sit there in the fast lane with no traffic in sight. i ride em hard for 5-6 seconds and if they dont signal i get over and punch it and leave about 1/2" between mirrors and get back over after my rear bumper clears there front by 2-3" lol. the fast lane is for faster traffic. yet ive recently been driving to work in wintery conditions at reasonable sppeds and go to pass and here comes a suv doing 85 on patchy ice. but hey i just say you idiot and get out of thier way because i know how i feel on clear days. but i hope they dont expect me to be late for work when they flipover. ill probably be changing the radio when i go by.

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yet i have hit brakes hard too. and not long ago in rain and right at freezing temps. a lady came up on my left in a lane that was merging down. instead of slowing when she got to me and noticed the lane was dissapearing (i was doing 70 and about 4 car lengths behid another) she gunned it. she wasent even to my bumper. the lane was nearly gone and she was just door to door. still refused to slow. i held my lane because a semi was to right. she got about her rear tire to my front and pulled right. i had to jam breaks. i flashed and honked. i should have held lane and let her tap my front bumper and she would have been an ice skate. so i got on her bumper and held brights. she decided going 90 would solve this. untill she looked back and seen the whites of my eyes. i flolowed her at 90 for 5-6 miles litterly 1' from her bumper with brights on and decided to get off the highway at next exit to cool down. maddest ive ever been i think.

actually i think she saw the reds of my eyes and the steam from my ears.

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Good thing your old George I wouldnt have the reaction time for the younger ones to get out of your way :smile2:.

Cats - Ive done that too not for that long but I usually realize that Im probably going to be the worst for wear so I back off hoping that I see them on the side of the road with the Po Po writing them a ticket :smile2:

17. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I think they set there cruise and don't want to tap there brakes to shut it off if they get behind a semi, slower car etc. So they sit in the fast lane. Indiana State Troopers are pulling them over for doing impeading traffic.
    Bill

18. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i'm w/u George, i usaually do speed limit or 5 mph over, then there's that dude that has to go 90. If i can't move over to let him go I'll "brake check" his a$$ so he'll back off!!!!

19. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The law here states to keep right except to pass. Even if your are going the speed limit you are still supposed to be in the right hand lane. It burns me up when soeone who thinks just because they are going the speed limit or a little over can stay in the left hand passing lane. I wish I could be a cop for a little while. I'd be looking for a big white truck with lots of decals....LOL:wink:

20. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    NOW that would tick me off!!
    I have never had that happen
    I would think they were stalled and give them a wee bit of a push to get them going:wink:smokey