Fast DeerSkinnin

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by South Grand Laker, Sep 28, 2008.

1. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have just recently seen some of these videos of guys skinning deers with the use of their vehicles or tractors of such, what i want to know is how they are tying the rope around the hide up by the neck??? if anyone knows if not oh well thanks

2. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I've seen a video like that. I think they cut away the skin enough to get a golf ball or baseball wrapped up in the skin, then they tie their knot in front of the wad of skin wrapped around the ball.

3. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    i guess that would make since, well gonna try it out this weekend, considering i get one with my bow the first day, thanks

4. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Good Luck this weekend, and be sure to take some pictures of it.

5. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    We've always used a lucky baseball that has made it at least 20 years of service. Works well once you do it once. I like the videos made of doing it as it is easier to see than explain.

6. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    is there any hidden prep work not shown or involved before hand to getting it ready for the pulling>??

7. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Where would someone find such a video cause i have looked and can't seem to find anything?

8. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    i saw them on youtube, accidently it just said deerskinning with a truck

9. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    WARNING!!!!
    I know someone who did this and when they pulled with the truck they pulled the rafter beam out of there shed and the roof fell in. Make sure you have the dear tied to a STRONG support.

10. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    FORGOT!!! you can do it with a Tennis ball also just cut a slit in it and fill it with dirt then cover it with black electrical tape. We figured this out once out of necessity. It was about 10 and sleeting and we had 3 deer to skin and NO WHERE to do it inside and no baseball.

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    My dad has an eye bolt in concrete and after he splits the hide, just ties it off to the eyebolt and throws a winch cable around the deers head and pulls it up. Of course if it's something you want to mount, it would be best to cape the animal. I've used rocks, nuts (not acorns lmao) practically anything to tie the hide in, it works.

12. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Done in 24 seconds. :cool2:

[youtubevid]nneTTeoPDYU[/youtubevid]

13. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    It works best if you don't gut the deer first, comes off a lot cleaner and easier. We kill almost all our deer here on the farm and we can get them out fast. After killing one we tag it, get it checked in and then head to the barn to pull the hide off. After skinning we cut the back straps out, take the shoulders and hams off and then carry what's left off, in one piece. Cleanest way to work one up I've found.

14. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    We have used a technique similar to this for years, only using a winch, and one thing I have to say is it works alot better if you dont use ballistic tip bullets and then try to do it this way. A friend of mine is obsessed with using ballistic tips and we have had 3 deer of his that we have tried to do this with that literally ripped in half near the bullet hole while we were winching.

15. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    The cartlidge in the deer ears make a great "ROCK" when wadded together and chained to the floor, then put cable around neck and pull deer up and skin stays on the ground.

Step1 make sure hide is cut vertically from the front of chest to just under the bottom of the lower jaw.

Step2 grab ears and cut hide between ear and top of head, You will cut from the front of the deers throat- up and around the ears.

Step3 use a choker chain(somehow attached to the ground-concreted) and chain the ball you've made with the ears to the ground.

Step4 wrap a cable/rope around the deers neck and winch the deer into the air: the hide stays on the ground and comes off with little or no effort. I have a rack made of 2-16 ft. posts and an old hand crank boat winch. My choker chain is attached on the opposite pole as the hand winch. Attached by lag bolt right at the ground. Have a small pulley that the cable goes thru chained to the top cross-member.Works great.:cool2:

16. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've done this method a lot of times. I have ripped a couple in half when the shot is near the back bone, or when my old partner used a 300 Mag. on them and blew them all to pieces. When I worked at a horse slaughter house we did the same thing with an electric winch.

17. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    well i got one last night but it was to dark for me to mess with it that way, so i didn't try it yet

18. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    We just used a good size rock, and pulled with a garden tractor.

19. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yes actually there is. You need to make all the cuts you would normally make during the hand skinning process. cut around the lower parts of the legs. and, slice the skin from the lower leg to the gut opening.

20. psychobilly

psychobilly New Member

State:
    texas
    Here's a set up my ole bubby in Bama has. He has a golf ball. The rope on the winch leading down and up has a chain on it. **chain is a loop** This werks great because the deer don't move a round on you. If you shoot them in the head or just below in teh nexk you can recover all of your meat....

Resize of 0681536-R1-021-9.jpg

Resize of DSC01004.JPG