Farve telling on the Packers?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Little Luey, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    By now I think most of you all heard about Farve's phone conversation with the Matt Millen and the Lions coaches and him giving them the inside stuff on the Packers playbook.

Do you think this is ok for a player to do?

My biggest issue with this is that he told another team, not his current team. If he had told the Jets coaches how to beat the Packers I would have undestand because they are his team now, but the Lions are not his team nor he had anything to do with them. so, why help them? even if he did, the Lions are so bad they could not win the game.

Now we have Farve's wife defending him for this alleged phone conversation. On this article you can get the story
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3665097

IMO his reputation is taking a big hit with all this stuff that is going on since the off season, he will still be in the Hall of Fame, but I have to say he is pissing some people off and making some fans turn their backs on him. I think he has fallen from the altar some people, specially Green Bay fans, had put him.

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Let's say after putting in about 15 years of hard back breaking work in which you NEVER missed a day and all of a sudden your boss fires you for someone younger and makes less money.

Wouldn't you be pissed off?

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    That sounds like an article to sell newspapers, I'm sure there is a cluse in the NFL rules that forbib that kind of action and there again maybe not who knows

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I think it happens more often than we hear about.

5. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I would be pissed off but then again, it is not like he does not have a job right now, I think all this "retired, not retired", you cannot blame the Packers for saying good bye. Now if they have not traded him and not allowed him to play, I can understand that. We all knew that was not going to end happilly, but man, he's got what he wanted, right? I mean, he is playing football, so to discuse the team plays with someone else just shows he is still pissed off about the whole thing. The team seems to have moved on, have a little class and mind your own bs Farve.
    Just like he said when he was denying it, he has a lot in his plate right now, then concentrate on making the Jets a better team.

I have left jobs to go elsewhere and I don't disclose the trade secrets of the company I left.
    I still think that if the Lions are not his team, why would he want to say anything?

I think it does happen more than the general public hears about it, but I think it is from a former player trying to help his current team to beat the old team.

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

What the man did was just to get back at his old team. He's DISGRUNTLED!

Nothing illegal about it.

Should he tape the other teams defensive plays:wink:?