Farrell Boat Landing

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by WhiteCat1260, Jul 24, 2008.

1. WhiteCat1260

WhiteCat1260 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I was wondering if anybody could tell me about the Farrell boat landing west of Clarksdale. I would like to know has it got to be at a certain water level to be able to get to the river and how good of a landing it is whether or not I would need to pull the boat with a four wheel drive. Any help would be appreciated before I drive 140 miles not knowing, THANKS.

2. WhiteCat1260

WhiteCat1260 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Thanks Radish, I can't reply to you on private messages because I haven't been a member long enough. Don't know when I'm coming, to Farrell, maybe Saturday, but not for sure. Kinda depends on what my dad wants to do. I just wanted to try a new spot a little closer to home because of the gas prices. I usually put in at Rosedale or Lake Whittington, but have been fishing the Tennessee this year so far. I haven't been to Mississippi River this year yet because the water has been to high. Thanks again.

3. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    I tried to put in at Farrell today and the ramp was a mess. The mud was 12 inches deep. They will clean off when the water goes down. I put in at Dennis Landing and it was about as bad. No catfish but good on white bass.