Farmers Almanac best times to fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by kurtk, Jun 26, 2009.

1. kurtk

kurtk New Member

State:
    Independence
    Do any of you go by this, or believe in it? I dont really pay too much attention to it, I go when I want to.

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/best_days/fishing

I think it's based off the moon cycles though. Does it really matter that much? I'm not superstitious or anything, but my wife swears by that damn almanac, so thought i'd see what you all thought. Credible, or crap?

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like you have a smart wife. Many time its so accurate it scares me. One persons opinion.

3. kurtk

kurtk New Member

State:
    Independence
    That is NOT what I wanted to hear. It says the fishing this weekend will be "Poor" :sad2:

Well I'll be out at Jacomo this weekend trying my best to disprove that dad gum book. :smile2:

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think we need a "Fishemen's Almanac" compiled from moon phases, seasonal and locational water temps, and seasonal weather patterns.

But I do agree with the Almanac that this weekend fishing will be poor because catfish will be on the spawn in many areas.

5. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    First Kurt Welcome to the BOC, and I have to agree with it for the most part.

6. Chris Baker

Chris Baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    just got back from the Mo. river. Stayed all night. Fished two spots. Cought three channels at the first spot then moved and set up for the night. About four this mourning the alarm went off on my buddies real and it was a pretty little 43# blue. Had a small head and was a very clean unmarked fish so we thought it might be a female. It was good and fat. Not much action but had a great time. Good luck on the lake.

7. kurtk

kurtk New Member

State:
    Independence
    Says it's "Good" the next few days, but on Friday it says "Best". Sounds like that's my signal... :smile2: