farm pond

Discussion in 'Pond Fishing' started by cowdaddy, Apr 12, 2008.

1. cowdaddy

cowdaddy New Member

State:
    georgia
    I have a 2 acre farm pond and I know there are several species of catfish in it molted cats and channels for sure. I dont know diddle about cats and would love to learn how to catch them so I could teach my grandkids too.Most of the lake is about 5 foot deep with an area of 1/2 acre 15 foot deep. There is a creek on the upper end 2 foot wide and 2 foot deep comming in to it. I am in north ga. Thanks for any info..

2. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like a nice little fishing hole ya got there! Personally i would get me some Sonnys blood forumla dip bait or some Wicked Sticky dip bait from cattracker, maybe some garlic hotdogs and nightcrawlers so you have a nice variety of bait. I'd probably go and setup near that feeder stream and start fishing there and see what happens. I'd use the slip sinker rig for the dipbait, get ya a slip sinker a snap swivel and some dip bait worms and you are ready to go!

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    chicken lives night crawler and cut baits are good bait

4. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    i agree chicken liver nightcrawlers or hot dogs are the best

5. williambevels

williambevels New Member

State:
    alabama
    the bait I like the most is blood bait or the dip.I prefer no lead.some times cats will drop the bait if they feel any resistance.leave your bell open and watch your line.fish early mornings,late evenings and at night.

if there is some current then use a slide lead with a small swivel like stated above.if its legal chum with some laying mash for two days straight.keep note when you chum.for a example if you chum at 4.00 that evening
    (do at the same time both days)then on the third day fish at four.
    you will catch some cats.

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    boneless chickbreasts seem to work real well as well

7. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC. Chicken liver,secret 7 would work great in there. worms. You can fish with a bobber or fish on the bottom. Fishing farm ponds are alot of fun. Enjoy teaching the youngins. Andrew

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Kenneth you pretty much got the same answers here that I would have mentioned. Wish you luck an let us all know how well it works out.

9. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Try some live perch on a Kat Bobber and go for the gusto.:big_smile:

10. rocco641

rocco641 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I would think a good spot to start would where it drops off from 5-15ft