Fantasy nascar?

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by smokey, Jan 8, 2008.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey does anyone know how we can start a fantasy nascar league? Its not too early to start thinking about the new year.I would help if we can get somthing going. smokey

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Sounds good, not sure how we can make it work. See what you can find on it and let us know

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    I USE TO RUN POOLS ALL THE TIME HERE. IM GAME. WE MAYBE COULD ALL DONATE A PACK OF HOOKS OR SINKERS OR SOMETHING TO PUT TOGATHER A LIL PRIZE PACKAGE. ITS PRETTY EASY TO RUN ONE BUT YA GOT TO DO A LOT OF MATH. BE HAPPY TO HELP.

BASIC WAY IS TAKE DRIVERS AND GROUP THEM 4-5 IN A GROUP. AND PUT EQUAL DRIVERS LIKE JOHNSON GORDON JR K BUSCH IN A GROUP AND DO THIS WITH ALL ACTIVE DRIVERS. AND HAVE EVERYONE THATS IN BEFORE THE 500, NO MORE ENTRIES AFTER THAT PICK 2 DRIVERS FROM EACH GROUP. AFTER EVERY RACE ADD EACH PERSONS DRIVERS OFFICIAL POINTS AND ADD THEM TO EACHS TOTAL. AT THE END OF THE SEASON YA GOT YOUR WINNERS.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    if were gonna do it we need to do it soon. let me know if ya want me to get it togather? were ya talking like the b.o.c. buck contest (everyone sends $10) or just a fun deal. maybe for a ribbon?

way its done even i could play. all the players need to do is score each drivers points total at end of season and theres no way of cheating.

5. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    how do we determine what drivers we have?

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    see i make a list.
    example.

group one.

dale jr
    jeff gordon
    jimmie johnson
    kurt busch

group two

kyle busch
    kevin harvick
    matt kenseth
    greg biffle.

group 3

robby gordon
    jeff burton
    bobby labonte
    michael waltrip

ect... all current drivers are grouped.

then all who want in pay in whatever pm me there 2 drivers from each catagory. i make a list of all entries with each drivers they pick. after drop of green flag of daytona all members and drivers they picked will be posted.

then its just a matter of adding each of ones picked drivers official points up as each race ends. very few times youll have one pick exact same drivers.

then everyone as well as score keeper can add each of there points at each race end to keep track.

example: waltrip gets hurt at daytona and doesnt race the rest of year = bad pick. you get his points from daytona then none rest of year.

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I'm game, although this might need to be explained to me once again :eek:oooh:. Willin' to throw a few bucks in there though. Better than tryin' to compete on that dang NASCAR trivia thread :wink:.

8. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Okay this is friday, If you have an idea, type it up and get it back here by next fri. Then we can look at the different plans and pick one.I dont think we need to chip in on a prize, I like the idea of playing for a ribbon myself but I dont give a hoot really. I just want to play. I will try to have some teams and rules by Monday to give us a place to start. smokey

9. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I think yahoo has leagues you can sign up for free and you can make your own group.So we could go on there and start a BOC group.I can check it out if you want?

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    im in boys!!!! rollo

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sorry, i meant boys and girls:wink: rollo

12. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    I just checked and yahoo DOES have a free league you can sign up for and you can create your own group.So we can create a BOC member group on there if you want.Its real easy to set up.I play in that league on there every year.What do you folks think about that?And if so who wants to set up the group?i guess i can try if you want.just let me know.OF course if i dont get my bill paid soon i wont be able to get online at all lol.So if i fall out for awhile you know what happened:wink:

13. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Smokey
    cats4uandme
    wolfman
    Catgirl
    Catfishrollo
    brinley45cal

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Count me in.:wink::smile2:
    I also started a Yahoo league. Any of you can join in if you want. Group name is BOC's Best and the password is flathead. If you want, PM me and I'll e-mail you an invite.

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You have created the Private Group called BOC's Best. To allow other people to join this group send them the Group ID# (2567) and the Password (flathead). Remember, it is the Group ID#, not the group name, that other people must use to join your group.

I forgot if you want to join its the ID# 2567 instead of group name.
    Good Luck, Hope some of you join in!!!:big_smile:

16. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jim, why dont you do that.I started and there almost 50 full time teams and 6 or 7 part time teams. I dont kave the skills or tools to do somthing like that. smokey

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i would like to just play on a board league.

my suggestion was posted. all active drivers arwe grouped into 4-5 in each catagory equally matched. each person entering fopr example me smokey walter ect.. all go throught the list picking 2 drivers from each. then you keep track of drivers. i each week take drivers official points and they get compiled to your team each week. one week if a driver you pick dnq's then you simply receive 0 points for that driver.

example. your team consists of dale jr gordon matt kenseth. jr wins and gets 180 pts. gordon gets 10 134pts and kenseth crashes on 2nd lap 43rd and gets 34 pts. add them up and all othere drivers you picked thatsd your weekly totall. and when wolfman posts results as he usually does each person entered if he wants can go through and calculate there teams total to make sure i was correct.

this is one suggestion.

18. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    since John already has one started, why don't we use it?

19. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Sounds good to me.I went ahead and joined the league john set up,ill be Gibbsfan 20 just in case you want to know who that guy is that just passed you going to the front:wink:

20. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    the yahoo game we used last year is good.