Fantasy Fishin!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Flatheadhunter33, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Lets say you had a full month to do it and all the loot in your pockets to make it happen. You can only spend your money on fishing, not gear, not the Mrs or kids, not even on yourself unless it was for fishing...you could go anywhere as long it was contained in one month. How would you do it?

Me you ask? I would start up north where the biggest musky are (supposedly). Spend two days there...head south to Santee to see what all mess is about on those big cats there...then to Florida to find some big Florida strain bass and tarpon...then to Mexico to get some of that saltwater action...then to Brazil to look at thongs:eek:oooh: oops I mean to fish the Amazon (really, thats what I meant)! Then if I had anytime left over maybe head over to the UK to get a giant wels cat!

Yep Im dreamin...:0a32:...how would you do it?

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Dameon, I think you just about covered everything.

Except maybe some Salmon fishing in Alaska.

3. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    yea all that and add a couple days ta go for some sturgen:big_smile:

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'd stay in north america,anyplace I could drive to. Tx on the Trinity and red for giant gator gar,Somplace where they got flatheads worth braggin about ,Minnasota for a hundred walleye day,and a few pike,The miss. just to go and the white river in Ar for some brown and rainbows. and The northern reaches of the red for the huge channelcats.

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    itd be cattin the whole way for me. hit the big rivers for the big flats and blues then to UK for some wels... then maybe some saltwater fishing.. if i had time

6. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I think I would just go for a drive and see where I ended up. I'd be taking back roads and stopping to fish at different locations along rivers. I'd stop at the small towns, the ones with the one little gas station that sells everything and has the old men sitting out front. I'd see if they wanted to go fishing; maybe i'd learn a thing or two along the way.

7. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    i would start in south america and do some fishing on the amazon then head to mexico for some trophy bass then stop in texas on padre island and do some saltwater fishing and then if i ever made it out of texas ( last time i went there i had so much fun i didnt want to go) i would do some flathead fishing right here in kansas, maybe stop in and see the wife i havnt decided yet:big_smile: then finish it off up north on the great lakes with walleye and smallmouth from lake erie ,some trout from lake michigan. and then with whatever time i have left go to the ozarks of missouri and then i dont care what i catch im in the ozarks. i have lived alot of places missouri will always be home.

8. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I would want to hit all the major cat rivers around..James, Tennessee, Mississippi, Altamaha, Misourri, Kansas, A few flathead rivers in Florida, and maybe then head over to the amazon for some red tail catfishing..

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    justaredneck, I share your sentiments. I would spend a week on the Missouri River, and week on the Mississippi River, and two weeks on the Amazon River. There's alot of fish in the Amazon that it would be awesome to catch.

10. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    Id like to fish the meekong river and fish for all of its large species of fish.

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I would love to fish the Amazon. I think that it would be cool just to float on that river for a while and see how good the fishing really is. Im sure that the mosquitoes and other bugs would be pretty terrible though.

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It would be a tough choice