Family Watchdog

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Feb 9, 2006.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    [FONT=tahoma,sans-serif]Some may have not seen this.
    I want to share this website with you.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,sans-serif]When you visit this site you can enter your address and a map will pop up with your house as the small icon of a house and red, blue, green, dots surrounding your entire neighborhood.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,sans-serif]When you click on these dots a picture of a person will appear with an address and the description of the crime he or she had committed. [/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,sans-serif]I was really shocked at how many of these people were in my neighborhood. [/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,sans-serif]The best thing is that you can show your children pictures and see how close these people live to your home or school.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,sans-serif]This site was developed by John Walsh from Americas Most Wanted. Another tool to help us keep our kids safe. Please pass on to anyone who has families.[/FONT]

2. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Nice, really nice , just pulled up the map and low and behold around some of the schools are little red boxes which are offenses against children. Thank goodness these arent near me but it certainly makes me wonder....

3. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    thanks for the post you can also go onto Megan's Law for info on sex offenders

4. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    thanks for the post i have only a handful here in englewood and clayton. But when you get around Dayton, look out there is a ton

5. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    This is pretty scary. There are three offenders less than a mile from my home, and one less than a half mile from the elementary school.:mad:

6. flatcatnightmare

flatcatnightmare New Member

State:
    south east Indiana
    thanks for the website page , I dicovred that there is a sexual offender two streets over from where I live , I will have to keep a close watch on this B@$#^rd.

7. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
  8. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    the nearest offender lives 4 miles from me kinda good. but the law on sex offenders around schools,playgrounds area is 1000ft. thats scary

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks a lot man! geez! im sourounded by them! street next over each way has all kinds of green/red boxes. i live near downtown Dayton.

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    WOW. . It showed pics too of some of them. I really need a faster connection. I will look at every one in my area. Thanks very much for that site.
    Much appericated

11. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    thats pretty frightening, there are ten near me.

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks for the link, Dayton! Think I want to move now. There are 40 within home and work area. Pretty scary. Perhaps I could use this to find me an area to buy another house in, but then they would just move in the neighborhood. That cave I been watching for, looks better everyday!

13. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    I knew there was something good about living so far out in the sticks. Closest is about 20 miles.............(whew)