family pics

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Scott Daw, May 11, 2008.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    My daughter just turned 1 on 5/7. I had emailed my family in Norway (I'm 2nd gen. American) and asked about pricing on the traditional dresses they wear over seas for special occassions. I wanted to get one for Cassie for her 1st birthday. They told me they're all hand made and costs about $200 US for a seamstress to make one. Not to mention, needing all her measurements in metric..blah blah. So that was out of the question. A package came in the mail from my cousin in Norway. They bought her a store bought dress. ItÂ’s beautiful. So today we went and got family pics taken. She's such a photo bug, if she was a snob she'd be a good model. She wore it for the photos. My little girl is gonna break hearts. A cutie that'll bait her own livers, bbq like her daddy & shoot straight... what more can a man ask for?

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/exasperatus2002/625003142_04.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/exasperatus2002/625003142_10.jpg

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Thanks for sharing your pics Scott,she`s a little cutie.

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks for the pics Scott, I know your proud, she's got ya wrapped around her finger I think...:big_smile:

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Scott, shes a heartbreaker.

5. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Hey, Scott. She looks great in her little bunard. My wife is also second generation Norse. You can`t tell those relatives you would like something, or they will darn well send it to you! We get fish every year for Christmas, plus all the other things.

We met one of Sally`s older relatives a number of years ago. He showed me his knives, he had made. Evidently it is a big hobby. They go and temper the steel to forge specs, then carve the handle of local burl. That old bugger sent me a knife every Christmas for 4 years. He has passed away, but his knives are a treasured decoration on our wall.

I`ll see if I can dig up a photo or 2 of our kids at the local Sons Of Norway Christmas`s in their bunards and such.

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    thanks for the pics and congrats to you guys