false information?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mactheaxe, Aug 25, 2009.

1. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    i was reading a post, and it got me to thinking. generally if you talk to people and ask about what fish are bitin on and where they are, theyre more than happy to tell ya. well i been fishin here and figured out on my own where the good ones are. so i get to talkin to some guys who were out here at their grandpas house bass fishin, well they were like, go way over here in this really shallow place, and youll catch the hogs. BULL. i talked to another guy and he laughed and said that they said that to get me off of the spot. no hard feelins or anything, its a private lake where the home owners and invites can only fish. just got me to wonderin how many of you had this happen or heard of it and knew what was goin on. i knew it when i heard him say it

2. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    for as many people that read the Internet.... people are foolish to give spots away to strangers.... (in person or on the Internet) You take what they say with a grain of salt. The BOC is a little bit of an anomaly compared to many other sites and most people are pretty open with there information...But I've heard lots of stories of spots and locations getting raped because some one tried to be nice and share spots

Instead ask them what kind of structure or areas that the fish are locating too, then go exploring... its a lot more rewarding when you put in the time and find fish... instead of getting hard feelings because someone said the spot was was hot and you came up empty handed.
    Good luck exploring. :wink:

3. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Heard about it, was told it and I told it.

:004:

4. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I couldn't agree more Larry. I get asked all of the time about places to fish in the lake that I fish predominately. I give general information, in general locations. I am not trying to steer people wrong, but would rather give them a pattern and let them figure it out on their own. It is much more satisfying to them if they figure it out on their own after being pointed in the right direction. The last time I gave an exact location of a place I catch a lot of big fish, every time I went to this spot there were more and more people on it. So needless to say the spot got pretty hard to fish after a while. I have no problems giving exact bait information and rig information, I do like to help folks catch fish, I just think they need to put a little work in for themselves:wink:. The people I do give exact location info to is mostly fellow BOC members that have driven a long ways to fish Tawakoni and probably will only fish it once or twice a year.I dont post that info I give it to them in person. I guess I am stingy with the locals :wink::wink:.

5. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    its understandable because im leary and very peticular on who i divulge info about on certain hunting spots myself. i go out there, catch about 5 fish, feel satisfied, go home. i catch enough to have a good supper that night. i dont need to go out and catch all that i possibly can. ive probably released more fish than i have actually kept out here. of course i want to catch the big one, we all do. but i think of it as, "i got dinner for tonight" more than "lets see how many i can catch". people dont know that so i do take it with a grain of salt. ive learned not to believe all what you hear and only half what you see. the funny part is, im out there religiously, just because i am, i come home 90 percent of the time empty handed because im out for the trip too. and bein out here so much, i have never seen them more than just that one time in the three months since i met them. if they were out as much, or even half of what i am, i would gladly relinquish the spot and go somewhere else because i believe its about the enjoyment. i dont want to get anybody mad and hog a spot. there are more important things in life than arguin about where youre castin your line.

6. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The hunt for the fish is half the battle..I don't always rely on what people say but it doesn't hurt to listen..They don't make all those fancy fish finding gadgets for nothing..DIY...

7. Herogre

Herogre New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I swear tricia lies to me about were and how she gets her fish.She'll go out catch a dozen nice cats.I go out the next day,same spot,same bait as she says she used and i won't get one bite.

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    ive learned to find my own spots and the fish arent gonna be in the same spot all the time. the places i go ive learned to keep tight lipped about, i found them if you want to fish there you find it. ive paid my dues i know when to go were and thats something everyone has to figure out on there own. im not going to tell anyone hey if you fish here on this day youll git er done. sorry thats the way it is others have said why.

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    If he says it it must be true :smile2: All seriousness when people ask me where Ive been catching my stripers my reply is "There in the lake somewhere just gotta findem"

10. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    When asked where I caught fish, I stick my finger in my mouth, curl it like a hook and pull out on my cheek while mumbling, "Right about here."

11. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You have got to love it when that happens. You know if a new guy posts that has never been on and just wants a fishing hole I just dont post. If it is someone thats got some history I give some tips to them. If its someone with a story about him and his kids going out I come off information pretty good most of the time. I have never sent someone off on a tour of the lake, thats just a waste of time.

12. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If your going fishing with me.. I will show ya... other then that, your on your own..