Falls Report (the one near Badin)

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bream baiter, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I started by catching bait at Badin. You can catch all of the shad you want at the dam now. They are about 6 or 7 inches long. I marked lots of fish in one area and caught a big head catfish. Pulled lines in and went to Falls. I caught about a dozen blues, 4 or 5 channels, and 2 small flatheads. Five or six of the blues were 10 to 12 lbs. Missed lots of good fish because I was at the wrong end of the boat when the rod went down. The fish were 48 to 72 feet deep.

2. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Bream Baiter, How big is Falls lake ,Is it big enough to drift , we like to drift at least 1/2 mile or longer, glad you had a good trip. thanks for the information on bait at the dam..........steve

3. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Falls is about 2 or 3 miles long I guess. Right now there is a big platform hanging over the boat ramp. It's on an elevated railroad track beside the boat ramp. I don't think you can get a pontoon boat with a top under it or by it. The platform is a foot or a little more higher than the top of the antenna on my Mazda Tribute.

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I fished Falls Sat. night. Caught shad at Badin. got on the water around 6 PM. Caught 11 blues before dark. Then a little strom rolled thorugh and killed the fishing. Didn't catch anything after 10 PM. Called it a night at 11 PM. Biggest fish was probably around 13 lb. Pretty good day on the water. later

5. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Ya me and Catfishurs went down there this morning. We ended up catching about 20 blues. The biggest was about 14lbs. Had alot of fun. They were bitting pretty good. Agian most of the fish were hitting small dead shad. We found the if you had your rigs way behind the boat, we did better. For how many blues are down there it's just a matter of time before we get a real big one. Again most fish came off of floatrigs.

6. CATCHUP

CATCHUP New Member

State:
    north carolina
    how do you get there from badin i would like to ckeck it out sounds good .are there not any shad there?

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    catchup if you where coming down hwy 740 there is a gas station above the alcoa boat landing. turn beside the gas station and you will go thru the town of badin(small town) when you come to the post office there is 5 streets, i think that come together there, go to the left of the post officre and stay striaght to the boat landing. you will go up a steep hill and then its just winding curves the rest of the way down hill to the boat landing. watch out for deer!!! i saw 5-7 beside the rd there yesterday morning. if you fish at night beware that some trucks have been damaged there. as for the bait you better off going to badin for a sure thing. there is shad and herring in there but i have fished there alot and i never would trust it for getting bait. its a good lake but they need to put a pier down there for loading boats.

8. CATCHUP

CATCHUP New Member

State:
    north carolina
    catfishrus thanks for the info ill have to check it out here lately badin has been getting hammered by fishermen

9. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey guys here is a crappie i caught at falls sat with tomahawk. not bad for my first crappie of the year. the fish hit a 3-4 inch shad in 35ft of water.

Attached Files:

10. CATCHUP

CATCHUP New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Golly Whoppers Nice Slab