Falls of the Ohio pics

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by gargoil77, Mar 30, 2006.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Went to the Falls of the Ohio yesterday and took some pics. I haven't been down there in years and it was really nice. Lots of people fishing. Nice little trail along the river. Ramp and steps will take you down to the falls.
    More pics to follow.

Falls of the Ohio1c.jpg

Falls of the Ohio3c.jpg

Falls of the Ohio4c.jpg

2. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    I don't mind a few other folks around, but if a fellow in a boat planted himself 20 feet in front of me like that, I might get a little bent out of shape.

We're folks being sportsmen or was it unpleasant?

3. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey cool pics but you said it was the Falls of the Ohio, I recognize those crowds, and it sure looks like the Great Miami River over here in Dayton where we wish:p :p

Were those pics in the park right behind the visitor center or where exactly are those taken at?

Salmonid

4. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    No I didn't fish. Wasn't feeling to good from camping in 20 degree weather. Don't know how everyone felt about the boat or the crowd on the bank. But I think it happens all the time so everyone just goes w/ the flow.
    Trying to get more pics up but I'm getting an error saying that they are a invalid file. Changing them too .bmp instead of jpegs. Anyone help on this issue? I've tried everything to change them back.

5. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Right behind the center.

6. Brushy Bill Roberts

Brushy Bill Roberts New Member

State:
    Spencer Indiana
    Those were great pics, that is a great place to walk around. I have never fished there. just walked around and checked out all the fossils in the rock.
    It is amazing to me that someone would park a boat right in front of someone like that, I guess I was raised different.
    I was fishing on the west fork of white river last summer and a guy in one of those everglade boats ran not 15 feet from the bank in front of me and I had two poles out. he did it three times! after he went up river, a guy showed up and was putting his boat in and I helped him launch it since he was an elder and alone. I was telling him about it and he said " I cant believe he would show up here again, he nearly swamped me last week while I was tied up in some brush, when I left, I cut the valve stems to his trailer tires off"
    While I dont condone that, I had to laugh.
    Any way, thanks for the pics, look forward to seeing a few more.

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Funny, i was thinking the same thing!

8. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Thanks for the pics!

9. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    No problem guys. I have more pics too post, just got to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    The boat wasn't as close to the bank as it looks. The guys on the bank wasn't even close to casting near them and I don't think that the guys in the boat were casting towards the bank.

10. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I was fishing at Oakdale dam last year for a fishing gathering and had a boat come about 10 feet from me. The best part is he ran over my line that had 80 lb. braid on it and it choked up his motor. Needless to say I caught the biggest one of the day! He didnt look to happy when I started to reel him in.:) After a couple minutes of us yelling at him and pulling him closer to shore he finally got the line cut. It was pretty funny. At least he got what he deserved.

11. Damian_Storm

Damian_Storm New Member

State:
    indiana
    i know the exact guy your talking about...this guy flies up an down the river like he's racing on a road course....lol it would be unny i you could throw a stick and stop the fan on the back of his boat when he goes by..:cool:

12. Damian_Storm

Damian_Storm New Member

State:
    indiana
    can ya tell my "F" sticks...lol

13. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    funney thing i was fishing on the ohio last week an someone cut my valve stems off lol:crying: just kidding , a comment. i was fishing in ark with a friend . we were ancored out at a creek mouth fishing down river just slaying the whites ( every cast) some dude on a jet ski buzzed us about 50 twice i was in my big boat so it dident po me too much. but a fellow on the bank opoisite side of river gave him the old calif. hello. u know the one 1 finger held aloft:mad: :mad: u got if , he came back wide open , now the guy on the ski was about 55 or so not a local for sure . when he ran head on into a barrage of about 5 or 6 inch flint rock . him an his ski took about 10 min to drift out of site , then every one went right back to fishin not a word said . cunning. hillbillys . have a day:thumbsup:

14. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    funney thing i was fishing on the ohio last week an someone cut my valve stems off lol:crying: just kidding , a comment. i was fishing in ark with a friend . we were ancored out at a creek mouth fishing down river just slaying the whites ( every cast) some dude on a jet ski buzzed us about 50 twice i was in my big boat so it dident po me too much. but a fellow on the bank opoisite side of river gave him the old calif. hello. u know the one 1 finger held aloft:mad: :mad: u got if , he came back wide open , now the guy on the ski was about 55 or so not a local for sure . when he ran head on into a barrage of about 5 or 6 inch flint rock . him an his ski took about 10 min to drift out of site , then every one went right back to fishin not a word said . cunning. hillbillys . have a day

outstanding

15. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    3-5 OZ sinkers buzzing by a fun also. I was fishing the main lake one night at about 2AM and had a big cruizer buzz me twice, then a third time. I was ready big rod quantum big iron loaded 100# braid a 5 oz sinker swivel and a big treble. here he came. you could here them laughing and yelling, like a good drunk on. BLAMMO, laughing stopped immidiatly. they stopped up the lake, u know how well u can here with complete silence on the water from along way. They thought they had been shot. Really thought they had been shot. No more trouble from them.

16. chris369145

chris369145 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,Ohio
  17. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    im new at boating just got my first boat a couple months ago a 16' river jon but i remember the days i bank fished and the boats screaming by the wake washing my lines back on the bank feet geting wet . i try to remember this when im on the water ,gas is high priced but i still slow down or get out in the middle of the river when passing by bankers . when we were young my brother and i bank fished all the time it was not uncommon to see some jerkoff fly by in his new bass boat we didnt mind that atleast they were up on plain no wake but you would occasionaly see a runabout with 4 or 5 or more people partying undoubtedly they would pass by and wake us laughing and hollering sometimes even park over our baits and swim or throw their trash out ,i remember on more than one occasion my brother throwing 4or5 5oz bank sinkers on his biggest rod at them , some people have no respect for their fellow fishermen

18. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey mark, those were some good pics. Maybe we can meet down there and so some fishing. I dont know if you know of river rat 42 or ohio river rat but their my buddies and we've wanted to go fishing down there you know any good spots

19. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Iwas fishing the north bridge of geist res. one evening some guys in a boat thought it was funny to go along and grab our fishing line and tug, almost pulled my rod off the bridge. they turned and came back not under bridge just far enough to grab lines again ,I waited the jerked the rod , I heard a loud yell 20lb line must have cut deep but they didn't come back.
    The hook and sinker were still attached to line so Imust have missed the hook set.
    some peoples children never grow up just more stupid.