Falls of Ohio

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by tackleholic, Nov 3, 2008.

1. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Anyone interested in going to The Falls of The Ohio some sat before the cold weather sets in, PM me!

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In

good idea.. i had fun fishing with you up here, im definately willing to travel a bit.. if you figure out a date, and send some directions, you can more than likely count me in.. one thing though.. holly is NOT hanging out with susan.. susan will teach her BAD BAD things, and my wallet cant afford that:smile2::smile2: just kidding she seems like a good person as well!!!

3. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I am going to try to fish there this weekend depends on the forecast.

4. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    It's suppose to be rain thru sat with 40% on sat. We might try sun if we have to.:cool2:

5. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    NO CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS ALLOWED!!:eek:oooh::cool2: CASH ONLY PLEASE!:smile2:

6. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    A 22" flathead for my first wasn't bad & neither was a 6" Tiger Muskellunge. I wouldn't want to be caught by the CO with that one!:cool2:

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    way to go dave! that flathead is perfect eating size,did ya clean it?

8. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    No! Some people say that you can only eat one portion a month from the river. :angry: You can however look at the photos on my profile.:wink:

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    dave,i wouldnt listen to anyone about water quality,what do they know! go look at the state water quality data for yourself.

10. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    One of the last few times that I went to the Falls, I'd tried to give a carp
    to someone who normally likes to eat them, but no takers. Back in you go.

11. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Bluesey & I went back to the Falls this morning & got rained out with fingers going numb. I'll post some photos "ASAIC".:roll_eyes:

12. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    Ive caught some big hybrids at the falls one day was Unreal. Park the boat on the bank between the lower gates and the hydros. I would cast a 4 inch swim shad it was white or green. I was pulling it aross the gates right up in the fast water. Boy they would hammer that swim bait. Biggest i saw caught that day was a 17lber. That day the had the lower gates open 3 ft the level was 11ft. I bet u they are running hard now best time to try 55 degree water. Wish i had that hole in my back yard :roll_eyes:

13. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Ben, May I ask what park of Indiana are you? I'm going to be out of work for a while & I could use a fishing buddy.

14. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Speakin' of stripers... I found some pics that I thought were lost of some stripers I caught thats gonna blow your mind... they're on paper so I'll have to scan 'em. also some smallies I caught in the 4 and 5+ lb range AND some big lake erie eyes... AND (lol) pics of some flatties I caught... all back before I had any grey in my beard!

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    10s, 2s and 4s Doc, ya got it goin' on! :wink:

BB in SC

16. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany

I'm not far behind you!:cool2:
    I forgot to mention that the photos will be on my profile under albums.

17. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've gone back to The Falls twice this week with no luck at fishing, but Bluesey & I had fun with the rain anyway. I've just added another album to my profile & more photos.:wink:

18. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I was supprized to see 6-8 other people fishing in the cold & windy weather & some where even in the water itself. I'll give them cedit, they're braver than I am, even if the fish weren't biting.:embarassed:

19. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Skipjack & I went to Madison to fish in the Ohio. I'll be posting some photos on my profile album of a 12#, 32" bluecat.

20. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    It was a cool day at The Falls today. A good afternoon to stroll around for almost 2 hours walking in some mud, on rocks & watching some people fish. Has anyone else had a pleasant afternoon?:cool2: