Falls Lake

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jlr3120, May 20, 2007.

1. jlr3120

jlr3120 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I recently moved to Raleigh and was looking to do some catfishing in Falls lake any advice?

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Skip the lake and fish the Neuse river.:big_smile:

3. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    boat or the bank???

4. jlr3120

jlr3120 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Fishing from a boat.

5. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    Sorry for the delayed response..........

The upper part of the lake are the best overall. There are alot of decent Channels in the Lake and even a few Flatheads....but very few. The spots I have included are accesible from Ledgerock (or Hickory Hill). You can catch cats anywhere but there just seems to always be more fish up there and it has been that way for a long time.

The bait spot is the first picture zoomed in a bit. There are also a ton of White perch and bass as well.

The last picture are a few we caught from those spots

Attached Files:

6. RPGNC

RPGNC New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I might fish in falls lake tomorrow, but I fish from the shore, are those spots accessible by foot?

7. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    The spot he circled which is nearest to the ramp used to be accessable by foot. You could easily walk to it by parking at Ledgerock ramp. I hav'nt been there in six or seven years but I seriously doubt that anything has changed.

Falls is packed full of small whites and channels. If you're looking for a stringer full of eating size fish it's a good place to go. But, if you're looking for an opportunity to catch a big fish or two, take Mark J's advice and mosey on down below the Milburnie Dam, big catfish, blackfish and gar abound.

8. RPGNC

RPGNC New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the info, gonna get one of my friends and plan a trip up there, hopefully I'll catch a good fish.

9. norton

norton New Member

State:
    NC
    wich falls lake is this

10. jlr3120

jlr3120 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the replys...I am also looking for some spots to crappie fish particulary at night...where is a ramp that i can put in for a late night trip?

11. jpn

jpn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i know your talking about falls but for the nightime crappie you could go to jordan lake. If you put in at the wildlife landing up at farrington and go back to the bridge you came over to get there the second set of pilons from the right, is a dandy spot. I took my preacher the other evening and we brought back 32 legal crappie and a few catfish to put in the pond. probably caught 75 or 80 nice crappie but just remember that lake has a 10 in. limit and a 20 fish creel per person. Hope you can use all the info.

12. Matth2083

Matth2083 New Member

State:
    Raleigh
    yeah for cats, ship the lake and hit up the neuse

13. BuzzingCatfish

BuzzingCatfish New Member

State:
    NC
    I've never had much luck river fishing. What is the primary difference dealing with stronger current?

14. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    keeping the bait in the fish's strike zone...

we use NO ROLL weights....

3-5 oz. usually works for us....

Use the current to your advantage....look for current breaks or seams.....thats' where you will find the fish...

also look for deep holes....deep holes also act like a current break....

sharp river bends will also offer current breaks as well as log jambs...

if your using cut bait...the scent of the bait will disperse faster in the current so change your cut baits frequent...

hope this helps...

good luck!!

15. skiff_2

skiff_2 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I believe they are talking about the Falls above Raliegh, not the "falls" below Badin.

16. DAKATKILLA

DAKATKILLA Member

State:
    CHARLOTTE
    THERES A RAMP IN TILLERY......YOU DONT NEED A BOAT TO CATCH THESE CRAPPIES THERES THIS OLD BRIDGE WERE YOU CAN FISH FROM!!!!! ITS PRETTY FUN IVE BEEN THERE LOTS OF TIMES AND COUGHT SOME GOOD ONE ON MINOWS!!!

17. jlr3120

jlr3120 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Falls above raleigh and we caulght 15 crappie last friday night

18. 1phatcat

1phatcat New Member

State:
    nc
    I think ill try these spots tonight and the milburnie dam tommorow night ill let you guys know how i do thanks for the info