Falls Dam

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by turfman, Sep 27, 2006.

1. turfman

turfman New Member

State:
    SC
    Can anyone tell me how to get to Falls Dam from 49 sporting goods store? I have never been there and would like to try it sometime. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    what streets that off of the store ur at? and are you looking to go to the damn or just part of the lake?

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i will try. going towards charlotte on 49 take the left fork right above the store to new london and turn left on hwy 740. go to the alcoa plant on your right with the badin access on the left. go 1 block to a store on the left turn left and bar to the left of the post office in the town of badin. stay striaght at the stop signs and go up the big hill and keep going. it will take you to boat ramp. there is a short cut between the fork and 740 but i dont know the name of the road.

4. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey Turfman if you come from South Carolina, just take I-485 to the Albemarle Rd. 24/27 exit. Turn left at the top of the ramp. Take 24/27 all the way to Albemarle. Go straight through the intersection where you see a water tower to your left. There is also a McDonald's there. You will be on 740 after going through the intersection. Follow 740 to the town of Badin. You will turn right beside the convenience store and follow the instructions in the previous reply. You will need to catch bait at another lake. Badin is the most reliable. Also, be careful if you go to the upper end. It's easy to hit a rock if you don't know where the channel runs.