Falls Dam Report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I did pretty good this morning. I caught 3 blues 10-12lbs, a 20lber and a 30lber. Also caught 4 flats from 6-12lbs. All fish came from live bait. Nothing on cutbait. It was pretty nice this morning. Water temp was at 77*. It's about time someone put up a good report. Don't want to hear anymore reports on whitecats and gar. He,He.

2. dunno

dunno New Member

State:
    nc
    I went there for first time this weekend. It sure was shallow, and all the rocks, Yikes! I never went past the rocks, cause my boat is new and I dont have a trolling motor.

How deep does it get next to dam?

3. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    Dunno, you can go from dam to dam. Stay far left going up river past the turn and away from the islands (shallow and rocky). Then on the turn to the dam stay in the middle. It's 20 something on the upper.

Tomahawk, good report, maybe falls will be nice to me too on fri. night.

4. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Here's a question; why did you go up to north dam. I never found a reason too. All the fish are down the river.

5. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    It's rocky up there but I have netted bait there. Falls dam is just like any other dam, when the fish run upriver it's a great place to be. Finding the seams in the current is the hard part, because the water turns as it exits the dam area.