Falls dam report Sept14th

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well it looks like falltime is here the water temps are starting to drop. This morning it was 75* down at falls dam. I got a whole lot of wet this morning. It never rained just misted the whole time. The blues were bitting pretty good. I got 6 blues from 4-24lbs and two small flatheads. Using herring and shad as cutbait. Right after I caught that 24lber the northeast winds picked up and shut the fish down. Still had fun even though I was pretty wet. See-ya.

2. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Just wondering if you have been catching bait at Falls or if you have been going to Badin first like I have. It will be a week or two until I get to go again. I got a new rod and reel that I think will be good for catfish. It's a 10 foot spinning rod. I noticed that the blues like my spinning rods better than the baitcasters when drift fishing.

3. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I've been going to badin to get bait. I also just got a new outfit. It's 8'surfrod, a Penn Newport series along with a Okumia Livebait reel. It's a pretty nice outfit. I could handle a 60-80lb fish with it. The flats should be turning on here prety quick. I would love to get a gaint this fall.