Falls dam report June 20th

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well it looks like the spawn might be over with. This morning I caught 3-10lb blues and two flats at 25lbs and 30lbs. Also missed another nice flat on floatrig. It was pretty cool this morning, real nice. Compared to what it has been. I was the only person fishing Falls this morning, can't beat that. Both of the flats put up great fights. Water temp was at 72*. Great day on the water. See-ya.

2. DukeCat

DukeCat New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That sounds like a great day! I recently moved to durham and was wondering if by falls dam you mean the neuse river below falls lake? I was also wondering if it is possible to fish there from shore? Sorry for my naive questions I'm just really new to the area and the sport of catfish fishing.

3. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice catch robert.. I bet it was real nice having the lake to your self.. Congrats.

4. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    where u fishing at the upper dam where u got to go through all the rocks or the lower dam

5. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey Dukecat, I was fishing Falls dam below Badin lake. There also one up by raliegh somewhere. I was fishing the lower section.

6. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    When you said Falls dam I thought you were talking about the Falls down toward Raleigh. Never knew there was another. How far from Badin is it ?

7. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Shark, Falls is right below Badin you go down Falls road and keep going by the post office and it dead ends in to the lake. really nice lake down there. really small too, but some nice fish in there.

8. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Is the dam area where you were fishing real rocky? Just wondering if a new person there should try it or not.

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Thats an amazing difference in water temp from what we see in the lakes where it is 80-83 right now. Nice catch of fish!!! :big_smile:

10. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Shark, it's not that rocky on that lake unless you get right up close to the dam and then it gets rocky, but if you stay in the middle, you can go all the way up to the dam. Wyliecat, that lake stays so much cooler, because they pull water off the bottom of Badin for there and they move a lot of water through it. When they open th upper and lower dams, it creates a lot of current and keep sit stirred up good. The thermocline hardly develops too.

11. norton

norton New Member

State:
    NC
    is that the dam for blewett falls are is it the dam on the upper end of tillery

12. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It is the dam on the upper end of tillery.

13. norton

norton New Member

State:
    NC
    are u in tillery are in badin

14. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    lets go down the mountain. badin is on the top and falls dam is on the side of the hill and then tillery is at the bottom of the mountain. badin/falls dam / tillery. directions to falls dam. go to the alcoa parking lot at badin on hwy 740. leave heading to albemarle. go 1/8 mile make a left beside the citgo gas station in the town of badin. go to the post office and bar slight left ( five streets come together at this intersection in front of the post office)and then stay striaght all the way to the landing. you will go thru 1-2 stop signs but stay striaght going up a hill and then its down all the way to the lake. cannot miss it. if you did well your in the water.:wink:

15. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    or you could be victim to one of the little Uwharrie deer that try to play Russian Roulette with vehicles. Go sow when going through their at night. Beware of big brown rats!!

16. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    only thing is if u have a long boat trailer be very careful cause there is a hole on on side of the ramp that u will get stuck in

17. norton

norton New Member

State:
    NC
    thank you all i will be trying it this weekend.