Falls Dam Report July17

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I figured I might as well post something. Most people aren't going to fishing much in this heat. I went to falls this morning looking for flatheads. I caught several channels and 27lb flathead. I lost two other nice flats. This is the first time this year I've been skunked down there on bluecats. I couldn't locate them at all. Water was at 77#. After 0700 they were really pulling water.

2. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey Tomahawk, I got skunked on the blues at Tillery yesterday too, at least you caught a decent flat.

3. weasel

weasel New Member

State:
    NC
    Tomahawk, how deep of water are you fishing in there. I just wondered because the other day we only caught fish at the powerhouse. Didn't get a nibble down in the lake towards the tillery dam.

4. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well I never fish up by the northern dam. I would rather not go up there with my newer boat. Just wondering were you fishing close to dam up there or what. I fished off the rocks but never went under the bridge. I mostly fish down river past the island. Fishing anywhere between 20-40'. I mostly look for good rock structure or deepholes. Iam probley going back in the morning for flats agian. See-ya.

5. weasel

weasel New Member

State:
    NC
    Yes, in fact we were anchored in the still water past the powerhouse up close to the dam. We were catching the blues throwing our floats back close to the edge of the swift water coming out of the turbines. Good luck.

6. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey Tomahawk, just wondering are they hitting floats or down lines better? Also, are they hitting bream, shad, or white perch? I plan to try it Saturday morning.