Falls dam Report July07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well the water at Falls isn't stained yet but it will be shortly. Bain up river is very stained. As for Falls I caught 2 flats 6-12lbs. The 6lber was pretty bet up from mating. As for blues I caught 6-7 blues from 8-12lbs. I aslo lost a real nice one that broke 30lb leader line. Water temp was at 75*. It was pretty nice out there with a cool north wind blowing. See-ya.

2. weasel

weasel New Member

State:
    NC
    Can someone give me directions to the falls boat landing if I were coming from 24/27 bridge over tillery? On the road of course. Maybe you can't get there from there..lol Thanks for any help.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    weasel come on into albemarle on 24/27. turn rt at the first stop light that will be hwy 740. go into the town of badin(about6-7miles) there is a gas station on the right(citgo i think). turn beside that gas station and stay striaght. you will go thru two stop signs and up a steep hill with houses on both sides. just keep going. its a winding rd rd going all the way down to the boat landing. once you reach the top of the steep hill there is no more houses between there and the lake. when turn at the gas station you will come to the post office. its like five rds coming together. go to the left of the post office. hope you dont have a pontoon because they are working on the dam and there is a piece of equip. blocking part of the boat landing but you can back under it. i have a ford f250 and i have 2-3inches of clearance above the cab. take bait with you.

4. weasel

weasel New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for the directions Michael. One more question. How treacherous is it on the upper end close to the damn as far as rocks etc.? For example at tillery and blewett falls you better know where you're going if you get close to the damn. Just wondering how it was there.

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    weasel its really narrow up at the dam(back side of badin). you have to go across a shallow area for 200 yards or so and then it drop back a little. i dont go up there that much and when i do i use my trolling motor and it needs to be full pond for me to get there. you dont see all the rocks sticking out of the water down there, like you would at tillery. just not much room for fishing at the dam, one to two boats and it full. been a while since i was up there but im thinking 30-40 yards across. its kind of spooky looking up at that dam. its got to be at least 200 ft up the dam. wouldnt want to be there if they turned the water on but the lake is pretty safe up to this shallow spot before the dam.

6. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    If you go all of the way up behind the dam, watch out for the big rocks around the edge. There are several of them - some almost as big as a small car. There are plenty of white perch on the lower end of the lake. They won't leave your cutbait alone when you drift through a school of them.