Falls dam Report Aug03

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Went back to Falls this morning and had a blast. I caught 5 flats from 4-30lbs and three blues 2-12lbers and a 24lber. All fish came from live bait. No hits on cutbait. Man was it humid out there. I was sweating the whole time but I guess it was worth it. I was off the water by 0830. Water temp was at 80*. Water level was about normal. The fish are bitting folks if you can put up with the heat. I got pictures of the 30lb flat. I'll try posting later. See-ya.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Falls lake keeps getting better and better. I might have to come up there. Are there any good bank spots close to where you are fishing?

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    laidback there use to be some bank fishing on the boat landing side but cars kept getting broke into and i think they have stopped the bank fishing on the landing side(private land) but you can come in off the uwharrie mountain side i think. was some of those 4x4 wheelers parting over there so that may be limited also. its amazing at what people with no respect can do to all of us.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I don't think my little GMC would four wheel very well. I really don't know much about the lake either but I need to learn seeing as how the wife keeps looking at houses in that area, well a little north of there anyway. Creedmore, Butner, Bahama and North Durham. I think the dam is closer to Raleigh though.

5. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
  6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member