Falls Dam Report 9-24-06

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bream baiter, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I decided to take a chance on the weather this morning with the wind and chance of rain. I had three good bites. Hook pulled loose from the first one. The second was a 23 lb. blue and the third was a 19 lb. blue. The 23 lb. blue was the strongest 20 to 25 lb. fish that I ever caught. It's strength was amazing. All 3 bites were on my new rod and reel. Good first trip with it. Fish were caught 65 to 70 feet deep in 72 to 76 feet of water on live bait.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    bream baiter did you try the hump to the left of where you was fishing? thats the first post i have ever read on the boc that i knew exactly where someone was talking about.....lol. congrates on the two hook ups.

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Nice fish you caught there.

You better treat that new tackle special if it brings you that kind of luck!

Way to go on a good morning!

Thanks for sharing.

Barb

4. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey Catfishrus, I just fished in that one deep spot. That's where I marked all of the big fish. I only marked scattered fish in the other areas that I checked and they didn't look as big. It was real hard to stay on those fish because of the wind. I should have took the rope off of my second anchor and used it. When I mark a bunch of good fish in one spot, I try to stay right over them when drift fishing. I think that's more effective than just trying to fish lots of water.

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey if thats where they are at then what can you say. i have seen them like that also. i lost two right there a few years ago that broke 30lb test before i could set the hook. just pulled the rod down to the water so fast i couldnt get them out of the rod holder. i think they was cutting my leaders and maybe the drag was a little tight also.