Falls Dam report 6/14/06

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Rookie12, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Fished Falls this morning from 7 until 1030 in the morning. I caught 14 fish, 13 blues and a nice channel about 10 lb. Three of the blues were in the high teens. All caught on cut shad. good day on the water, had to fight the wind a little bit, but it worked out. I saw Tomahawk and catfishrus on Badin. How'd ya'll boys make out? Falls is still HOT!!

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well i should have jumped in your boat. i fished until 3.00 at badin drifting everywhere i thought one might be. i caught 25-30 channels and 1 small blue. the channels are stacked up in 15-20ft of water where there is plenty of bait at. on one drift i couldnt keep the rods in the water. had a couple good take downs but it was like they was short hitting my baits today. i did see what looked like a acre of of white bass feeding on the top today in that rough water.

3. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well it sounds like you guys did better then me. All I got this morning was a 6lb flat, two stripers and some channels. Hopefully I can a big one torr a Falls.

4. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Just wondering if any of you plan to fish at Falls Saturday. I'll get bait at Badin first. Got a new transom mount trolling motor to help me stay on top of fish and a new 8 ft. net to help me catch bait faster.

5. jpw

jpw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey Catfishrus,
    Where did you see the big schools of white bass? What day was that also? Thanks for the info.

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i saw them below old whitney on that point that sticks out towards the golf coarse but on the rr ttrack side and that was thrusady morning 8-9 oclock. alot of bait balls in that area and channel cats too. hey i was at badin when i saw them. just noticed this was under falls dam report.