Falls Dam Aug 01

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well the fish were bitting last night. I caught 3 blues from 10-33lbs. Also lost two flatheads. The second flathead was pretty big, 40lbs+. When i set the hook on him he didn't even move. After about 3 seconds he started moving, thats when I relised how big this fish was. After about 10 seconds the hook just came out. Man I was jumping up and down the boat cursing like Yosimity Sam. It was one I was looking for all summer. The good news, I know where he lives now. Also caught a 10lb bass in cast net this morning. But I guess that don't count. Good morning on the water. See-ya.

2. HHinNC

HHinNC Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Wow, that sounds like a nice trip! Sorry you lost the big one, and I hope youy get back on him on your next trip. Thanks for the report.

3. Reckinball

Reckinball New Member

State:
    NC
    Very nice night out. Sounds like you did very well. I went on Saturday night and caught a few fish. 1 blue about 6 pounds, and a few smaller channels. Hopefully on my next trip they will be biting a bit better, and i can hook up with some nice blues. I also got a visit from the Warden at about 11:00pm i was surprised to see them at Falls. They were 2 of the nicest wardens i have ran into.

4. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I think I'll give Falls a try Saturday morning.

5. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Thats a surprise to hear the Wardens were down there. I've never seen that. Iam glad thier making thier rounds down there. It keeps the juggers in line. Probley going back out later in the week. With the moon going to dark, the flathead bite should pick up. It was pretty bright last night, I hardly had to use headlight.

6. BuzzingCatfish

BuzzingCatfish New Member

State:
    NC
    Nice night. What type of hooks were you using? I've always used wide bends but thinking about going to circle hooks.

7. DAKATKILLA

DAKATKILLA Member

State:
    CHARLOTTE
    i get confused falls the one before badin or the other falls???

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Sounds like a good trip. Go catch the Hawg!

9. CMJ

CMJ Guest

It's the one in between Badin and tillery.

10. steelpony

steelpony New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    im new to that area my home lake is blewett and right now the lake is down 5feet so i'd like to try falls dam .1st should i go below in tillery? or in falls lake? 2nd if in falls where do i put in at?