Falls/1/23/07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Live Baiter, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Went to falls, got 13 blues. Biggest one was 12lbs. Water temp. was 47 this morning. Still very muddy. Plenty of bait in the boat ramp cove. I think tomahawk is right. Those juggers must have caught all the big ones out of there. You dont even mark the big schools like you use to. There's still a good bit of small ones. :big_smile: see ya

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Man, that would suck if the juggers have ruined yet another body of water.:angry:

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    There aren't that many big ones left in there. One boat jugging can cover that whole lake in a day. Did you catch bait there at Falls? I've always brought it with me because it is such a pain down there. Are you fishing up the lake or down in the lower section? Thanks

4. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    I fished falls sat. nite 6 - 9:30 and 11 - 3:30 AM (had to eat a shore dinner). Bait was real easy in the boat ramp cove, almost 100% perfect threadfins and 2 big gizzards. I fished down river and boated 6 cats, 2 channels 4 blues nothing over 15 lbs. Lost one at the boat on light tackle, fought like 20 lbs. but never saw it. Released all but one tasty blue.

5. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    It's been afew years since I've caught any bigger blues from there. From what i've seen from last year the flathead population is doing great down there. I got 4-6 flats this summer at 30 or above. Plus tones of smaller ones.

6. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Chris, I was fishing all over. Mostly down river in deeper water. Plenty of bait there in the cove. Dont know how long thay will be there.

7. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Thanks, I appreciate the info!

8. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    Are ya'll talking about Falls Lake in Stanley County or Falls Of The Neuse Reservoir in Raleigh ?

9. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    stanley county between badin and tillery