Falling off the face of the earth...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, Jul 18, 2008.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    We all do it sometimes. Our lives get busy and hectic, computers fail, things come up, and we step back away from our BOC family. Well, it has happened to me.

I used to be a very active member. Many posts daily, with lots of time spent in the BOC chatroom. Since May of last year, my time in the chat room has been sporadic, to say the least, more like once in a blue moon type of chatting. However I was still on the board and making posts almost daily. Since Keystone this year, I haven't really had time to get on very often. In fact, I even went 2 weeks without even making a post.

Guess what, it didn't kill me. I'm still alive and kicking. No withdrawl symptoms. I'm suprised.

Yes, suprised I survived, but also at the lack of intrest and response caused by my absence. I know I have sent many PM's checking to see if someone is OK when they have just dropped off the face of the earth. Not 1 PM in 2 weeks, that suprised me.

Oh well, I'm sure once life slows down, things aren't so hectic and stressed, that I will be back on here posting like I used to. For now, I have to bid adue as I have way too much work to do to be on here posting.

Thanks, and goodbye for a while.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Awww Tony...... we missed you big guy. We was getting ready to take up a collection and send out a search party. Honest! :smile2:

Heres some reps to make you feel better!

3. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Well when things slow down feel free to type away.Remember though if you someone to yap to we are here to listen.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome back, it is glad to hear that you did not fall off the face of the Earth!!!

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Tony! where ya been, buddy? are you OK?:wink:
    didja get my pm?:big_smile:

and while i have you on the line, ya still have my boat motor repair :wink:manual?

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I even sent him some money and it came back undelivered!:roll_eyes:

Good thing too cause I ended up needing it later.:smile2:

Glad your still kicking Tony! Lots of folks been kinda worried and all.

I hired a soothsayer to locate you but he ripped me off. See above note regarding the money I needed back.:eek:oooh: Don't tick off the soothsayer, that is some bad mojo.

To be honest I had a few bucks left over after I paid the guy but we all drank it up trying to drown our sorrow regarding your mysterious departure.

Welcome back! Got any money I can borrow? After all, I sent you some.:smile2:

7. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    boat motor book, hmmm, :eek:oooh: umm, :look_down: uhhhhhhh :dribble: didn't you have me ship it to OKCCatman <david frantz>???

8. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    that must have been the envelope the post office told me about.

the one that had the white powdery stuff falling out of it. They said it might have been bad mojo but, it smelled like sugar.

9. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Sorry you didnt' get the Love you thought was coming.... However whenever I feel special I usually get that response myself. I personally don't post much here during the cooler parts of the year and don't even spend any time reading posts. I have 2 hobbies and during the cooler part of the year I spend my time out in the desert prospecting and my indoor time on prospecting forums so what can I say I've never been missed and don't really think I worth missin either. Course if you talk to my wife she can verify I'm not worth missin hence the many outdoor hobbies.

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    AWWWW, poor guy, 1st they didnt let you know they werent coming to the gathering, now they dont pm you just to check on you, see how they are...I think the world is just going too fast buudy , hang in there you'll be ok!!

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I do feel guilty. :embarassed:

Few months back I had a computer problem. I called on Tony for help. He spent a lot of his time telling me how to solve the problem. Then later I forget to check on him... sorry about that Tony.

Glad to see you back.:big_smile:

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dadgum,Tony how the ell are ya,Missed ya,but I figured ya was just busy.Glad to see you are ok and posting again.

13. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    You was gone for awhile?? :confused2:

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sorry tony i just thought you were working a lot.

15. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Um hey Tdawg, where you at. I hav'nt seen ya in awhile oh wait no thats me. But I'm back now too so I hope to bump in to you once in awhile on here :smile2:

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tony you were missed. Glad to see you checking in. Welcome back.

17. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tony, there are several long time members I post with and haven't forgot and never will.
    Your one of them. I dont always post in the same areas some do . I stay in hi for the most part and I do read other areas but little posting in those areas. One reason I dont have a pic up. Got a lot of new members and many new post. . Its hard to keep up with all the post. Most folks kind of stay in the same areas of posting like I do. loose track of when someone checks out for a while. I kind of feel bad for not asking about you. You have asked about me in past. Its nothing personnel. I assume you was OK or posting in other parts of BOC. If I spend time setting up on all the favorites, list etc , then reading and post etc. I never would get out of chair. I dont use things here to keep up with every body cause things change faster than wal mart changes its store items. I aint got time to re due it all every couple weeks and learn all the new changes. My connection is too slow and I dont use all the bells and whistles of BOC. I log on, new post show a bold print from main page , I go from there. . I dont even add friends cause it take a lot of time with my connection. Sometimes I cant even give rep points. I click, it takes forever for it to come up. Same with thanks. I click and wait for it to show. here latey things have gotten slower on this site for me.
    Anyway
    I read some on the Keystone6 etc. I think the part I read about you was, you was doing ok but can't fish worth a dran.. :smile2: Kidding.
    I kind of figured if something bad happen to you, there are some here that would have filled us in. I'm almost sure a buddy who has my personnel email address would have said something.
    People step out for a while. We all have things to do. I personally dont like the world contacting me. I've always been a loner type person. LOL.
    Anyway, dont let anything on internet get you down. Your all right in my book and I'll wonder bout you now and then. Glad your well and back on. Stuff happens.

You sure this aint about, pulling a Phil for Rep points.:tounge_out::smile2::smile2:
    Take care. Always on my good thoughts and prayer list:wink:

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Wait a minute here!!!!!
    You were gone????

Glad you made it back Tony!!!

19. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    How many folks are heah. How many know me and how many do i know? I can't account for everyone i consider a friend and they don't keep tabs on me. I enjoy your post, but to be honest,,,, well welcome back. Don't take not being recognized as a personal thing, it just got lost in the wash.:wink:

20. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    been through it too Tony, dont feel bad, take it with a grain of salt people are people thats just the way it is. Ive dropped off the face of the earth a few times but have found my way back each and everytime LOL. Hope you find your way too. Mac:sad2: