fallen trees at night

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by slikk03, Aug 2, 2008.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i know a spot with a fallen tree, close to deep water, would this be beter than fishing a point at night, planning next weeks spot , what yall thgink points or cover, this is also a lake, not a river , i know they arde always shallow in a river but in a lake they seem to rome twenty yard flats or riprap

2. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    IMO id say that would be a spot to try. Ecspecially if it was on a flat that is close to a deep hole. In our temps right now flats near deepwater is where they should be. With the structure there thats just a bonus in my opinion. But i dunno they are a weird creature:eek:oooh:

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I say try them both. Dont get stuck fishing 1 hole per night. You need to have 5-6 holes linned up in differnet depths and work each 1 to fiqure out what the fish are doing and where are they feeding. I would probably start in the deep water adjacent to the structure and keep moving closer to the structure during the night.

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    This is what I would try :wink:If they are close enough together anchor between them cast some lines out to the deep water and some toward the tree. Once I had my lines out I would watch the line around the tree cause they are most likely to get hung up if a fish gets on um.