Fall Turkey

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by rebelzgrl76, Jul 29, 2008.

1. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Anyone getting geared up for Fall turkey Season??:wink:

2. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    How can I put this ............HECK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Birds O Plenty in NY State.

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Not so much turkey season but archery season in particular. But if one happens to walk by, I'll have a tag in my pocket for it!:wink:

4. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    I always have anrrow rigged up for turks, usually a used one does the job on a bird just as well......I've got some old blood trailers that have killed probably 5 turkeys already. I'm trying to find some footage of some local turkey dogs. We can use them in the fall, but it's so cool. The dogs bust em up and sound off. The owner goess to the dog sits down opens up a burlap bag the dog goes in with just his head sticking out which is covered with a camo cloth. The dog sits quietly uintil the hunter shoots and commandm to bring the bird back. They use ke-ke calls to bring the flock back together very effectively. All I'm sayi is try to put my dog in a burlap sack .........yeah right. If I find the footage you will see some finely trained dogs.

Richard

5. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    This is not the footage I was looking for, but, it gives you a taste of dogs hunting turkeys. If you've got a little $$$ and you want to try a new and exciting way to take a bird, it is amazing to watch these dog's at work. Locally we have place called Turkey Trot Acres. This video features footage from one of their hunts.

Richard
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjQxwHYAuwc

6. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    did someone ask if I was ready for fall turkey Geeeeez I been ready since spring turkey was over

7. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    yea daddio that's what i'm saying !!!!!!

8. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    I'm with Doug. Got my bow drawn, lookin for anything that matches the tags in my wallet.:big_smile:

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I never hunted in the fall. BUT,,,due to the fact they hosed me this spring, i feel a need to get even with the pea brain @#%&&&%$#:angry: It starts Oct.1 here in Missouri if i'm not mistaken.

10. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm ready. Cant wait. Ya know what? No friggin mushroom hunters in the fall!!!!:big_smile:

11. wildhunter066

wildhunter066 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I caint wait to give them turkeys a shot full of lead. I love fall turkey hunting as much as spring!