fall trout season brings the big boys out!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by skeezaveli, Oct 8, 2008.

1. skeezaveli

skeezaveli New Member

State:
    illinois
    my buddy actually got me on to trout fishing in southern illinois about 3 years ago...but, that's a whole 'nother story...

anyone notice when you use certain like...power bait dough balls for trout how you can almost always stir up the beasts...last year i caught a nice 11# on livers (of course) just on a hunch....after i caught my 4th trout....i saw alot of baitfish jumpin' all over the place....and the occassional "roll" in the water while my back was turned...well...it seemed that way at least....i did have some livers in the cooler...on a hunch.....so i laid em out to kinda warm up a little.....tossed my trout pole in one direction....my cat in the other...nothing for about ten minutes...then my trout pole bent....i wrestled that nice lil beast in....didn't even get him off the hook and in his basket when....wham!!!! i mean my drag was screaming for my attention!! 25 minutes later....dinner....lol....so i always make it a point to spend the first three to four weeks of trout season....on the prowl...lol.....hey...ain't nothing wrong with trout...especially when they bring out the hungry curiosity of those big ol' elusive kitties i been huntin' for all summer......heck...some days coming home hot....thirsty...and empty handed!!!lol..i'd hate to hook into one of those great lake trout..they say them boys get bigger than 20-30# and i believe i'm underestimating..jeesh....an 11# trout, i think...just might of give ol' whiskers a run for his money.....lol

been busy lately...hello to all....