fall stocking report

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by catman-j, Oct 11, 2009.

1. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    LINCOLN, Neb. – The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission will stock 9- to 10- inch (catchable) rainbow trout in many bodies of water across the state this fall to provide anglers a fishing opportunity through winter. The bodies of water to be stocked, with quantities, are (dates subject to change):
    Oct. 9 – Windmill State Recreation Area Lake (SRA) Lake No. 1, 4,000; Lexington City Lake, 750.
    Oct. 13 – Grabel Ponds Nos. 1-3, Fort Robinson State Park (SP), 800 each; Carter P. Johnson Lake, Fort Robinson SP, 1,700; Bridgeport SRA middle pit, 1,000.
    Oct. 16 – Birdwood Lake, North Platte, 4,000; Arnold SRA lake, 850; Bessey Pond in the Bessey Ranger District of the Nebraska National Forest, Halsey, 200.
    Oct. 19 – Holmes Lake, Lincoln, 4,000; Bowling Lake, Lincoln, 400; Niobrara State Park pond, 1,000.
    Oct. 20 – Fremont SRA Lake No. 5, 4,500; Benson Park Pond, Omaha, 1,050; Lake Halleck, Papillion, 1,200; Standing Bear Lake, Omaha, 4,000; Auble Pond, Ord, 1,500.
    Oct. 21 or Oct. 22 – Crystal Cove Lake, South Sioux City, 4,500.
    Oct. 21 – TaHaZouka Park, Norfolk, 1,500; David City Park west pond, 600; Qwest Lake, Eugene T. Mahoney SP, 2,500; Weeping Water Pond, 1,200; Humphrey Pond, Ogallala, 1,800; Curtis Golf Course, 450.
    Oct. 26 – Towl Park Pond, Omaha, 300; Hitchcock Park Pond, Omaha, 450.
    Oct. 27 – Steinhart Park Pond, Nebraska City, 1,200; Auburn Rotary Club Lake, 1,400.
    Oct. 28 – Heartwell Park Lake, Hastings, 900; Such’s Lake, Grand Island, 1,300; Standing Bear Lake, Omaha, 3,500.
    November – Pawnee Park east pond, Columbus, 1,500; Crystal Springs middle lake, Fairbury, 1,000.
    The following bodies of water were stocked Oct. 2: Barnett Park, McCook, 1,000; Holdrege City Lake, 3,000; Elm Creek, 1,000.

2. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Bait?

3. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    yeah i seen that.. bait... shh:wink:

4. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Not bait. Trout are 2nd on my list for favorite fish to eat. That being said it's pretty bad when only one lake in western NE is getting stocked. Actually it's some BS. Game and parks need to get their A** straight there are people out here that like to fish and hunt too. BS I tell ya BS

5. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    I agree wholeheartedly that the people who live west of Lincoln get screwed on a reg. basis when it comes to fish and game,and about anything else that is run by politics.
    But,those little stockers don't taste that good to me,and are a great size for bait! :wink: but if I catch any they'll most likely end up in the smoker,it's the only way to make them edible:big_smile:

6. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Greg Wagner from G&P says he was raised on the Platte River and considers trout as great cut bait for channel cats. He has told that to me personally and he claims that it's not well nevermind:0a19::big_smile:

So , yes bait if you like. If they are caught from ice cold water they will taste much better.

7. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Don't sweat it jeff,I'm mainly just yankin your chain:big_smile:, around me anything can just about be considered for bait,and probably already has been! When it comes to big cats anything goes for me,it's an addiction! For eating though I prefer walleye,yellow perch,crappie,and smaller channel cats from cold clean water.

8. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    hell walleye is the best fish I've ever had but if it catches a nice flatty you can bet I'm gonna have 1 cut up on my tailgate :smile2:.....

9. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Our trout get stocked on thursday, I love catching the little rascels, I save the heads and guts for chum in the spring,

10. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    I'd put those heads on a hook RWG,great C-cat bait,nice and oily to draw them in.

11. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I have a couple of containers of trout heads in the freezer I think. :wink:

12. NebraskaWalleye

NebraskaWalleye New Member

State:
    Viola Kansas
    yannie was stocked with bigger trout the biggest being 13lbs in kearney good luck to the one who gets that one on their line trout fight prolly harder then cats, but yes trout work awesome on the river especially when it gets cold and i know some good concrete pillars to throw them under =).