Fall River

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by BowieKnife357, Mar 24, 2009.

1. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Anyone here ever fish the spillway below Fall River lake? I've always heard of people catching monster fish out of it, but I've fished it several times in years past and never did much good. Got into a ton of cats in other spots on the lake, just never there.

2. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I used to fish there as a kid but quit years ago,too crowded.I can't stand getting tangled up with other people.Fish are there I just cant fish like that.

3. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    ya rays right its real crowded down there :eek:oooh:and people dont respect ur fishing space at all :crazy:

4. Bigfish18

Bigfish18 Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Went crappie fishing there a couple years ago and they had the spillway pumped dry to clean out the stilling basin. Talked to a couple guys working it and they said I wouldnt believe how many large flats they had to get out of there. Largest was 89 pounds, told him he was BSing me. He then showed me a camera phone picture. I was in awe to say the least.:eek:oooh:

5. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    They do just as good below Toronto dam too but same problem,elbow to elbow and I cant fish that way.

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    My wife's grandparents have a lake house on Fall River. They said we could use it anytime we wanted.
    I have always wanted to give her a shot but just havent.
    I think we might this year.:smile2:

7. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Why is it so crowded? I rarely have seen crowds like that at other spillways.

8. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    You must not be goin when the fish are biting.:smile2:
    When they are most dams will be shoulder to shoulder. Where I grew up fishin it would get crazy on the weekends. People fist fighting and everything. People would even take the spark plugs from people's cars if they ran outta sinkers.:smile2:
    When they are lettin out water its a fishermans paradise. You have all kinds of fisherman fishing for all kinds of fish. Lots of styles dont mingle.
    Lots of heavy lead flyin and lots of noise.:crazy::smile2:
    Lots of fish too, its a rush. I like it every once in awhile, especially in a boat, but I couldnt do it all the time.

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
  10. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas

pretty much hit the nail on the head there kyle. its like that everywhere i especially see it at eldorado it goes on late into the night. if not all night:smile2: especially after someone pulls out a 50lb flat:roll_eyes::crazy:

11. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Just yell GAME WARDEN !!!!! and start running. As soon as they do too, turn around and pick which spot you want. :smile2:

12. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey Keith,
    Does that work will the illegals at Olathe Lake too? :smile2:

13. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    If you can say Game Warden in spanish !!!! (guarda de juego) :smile2:

14. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Yelling Migra works pretty well, too. Keith, you got a mean streak in you.
    I like that, in moderation of course.

15. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    When I lived out at manhattan me and a buddy would cut class and go to tuttle spillway all the time. rarley more than 10 people down their. Except for the occasional time or two when the aisians where down picking up the dead fish for dinner.:crazy: