Fall River bite

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by coolarrow2, Nov 6, 2007.

1. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    The fall bite should be getting on. Is anyone catching any good ones in the rivers? Work has kept me off the water for two weeks now but i'm going to try to get out this weekend. I have been catching perch in my spare time and putting them in my pond but that is about all the fishing I have been able to get it.

2. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    Brother the Skunk got a hold of me catching nada!...................

3. NuecesJugs

NuecesJugs New Member

State:
    Texas
    I caught the big 36 pounder on a jug in late Oct.

These I caught before the North wind started to blow the two

Attached Files:

4. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good fish man! What body of water do you fish? I'm going to go look over the river saturday morning and do a little bass fishing while I'm looking. The river is finally down to it's low level and I need to go see where all the big snags are and how the holes look. This is my last week on call for the month so I can get back to some catfishing next weekend. Good luck

5. NuecesJugs

NuecesJugs New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nueces, I also caught about a three pound freshwater drum, mmm mmm good.

6. rudetech1

rudetech1 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Lost 2 to gators in early October. 1weighed at the 30lb mark, the other was around 22lbs. I had them tied to the boat, was heading back to the Sulphur Cut to get some bait. Took the fish out of the boat to get some water and 2 gators snuck up behind the boat and took them off right under the head. I had a full livewell, 6-8 pounders, I threw anything else back. They are hitting, but it has slowed down when the water went down. But after the rain over the weekend, I'll bet they will be gettin' it on again! I gotta pre fish for Conroe tourney this week end or I'd be there myself! Good luck man!

7. dab_602000

dab_602000 New Member

State:
    Ft. Worth Texas
    :006:I live in Ft, Worth and would like to fish the Brazos near Cleburne. I heard alot of stories of people catching channel on perch. I might give it a try this morning. I like to try different places on my days off.:big_smile:

8. NuecesJugs

NuecesJugs New Member

State:
    Texas
    HERE COME THE WHITE BASS!@!!!!

9. catfishrodeo

catfishrodeo New Member

State:
    texas
    will be hitting the nolan in blum here pretty quick

ive been doing some cattin on benbrook lake off a wooded point but with out much luck. lake levels and weather have got um spooked something fierce:confused2:. hope the rest of you are having better luck than me