Fall reports for the Schuylkill River

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by kenlaw76, Sep 3, 2009.

1. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Since the other Skuke reports thread is getting full, I figured that we should start a new thread for the Skuke before they shut the other one down again and it will make it a little easier to get some info on the fall bite. I fished with Jerry lastnight for a few hours at some new spots that looked prime. We each caught a few fish and Jerry lost a nice one on a SM Bass. I can say that the Flats want the slender baits more now that the water temps are dropping. Every Bass that got slung out got smashed or caught fish. I ended the night with 3 Flats and a fat Channel. Nothing over #15 and my biggest Flat was caught on a Sunny head. I wish the water would drop a little so I don't lose so many rigs. I must have lost atleast 10 rigs lastnight due to the current ripping them down stream into snags. I couldn't hold with 4 oz. weights so I threw on a 6 oz. and still couldn't hold. Then I was throwing my baits down along the bank (rip-rap) and I wasn't getting hung up as much but I wasn't getting the bites I was looking for. Maybe I will have better luck tommarow night.

2. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Thanks for the info and report Ken I was thinking of tryin for some suckers and bullheads myself for my next trip out :wink:

3. MikeV

MikeV New Member

State:
    pennslvania
    My bro and I made it out for a couple hours last night. Had a bucket of 3"gills 5-7"reds 6-9"bulls and one 7"shiner, everything got hit on. I caught 3 flats biggest was 10#.Wayne caught 3 flats and 2 channels, his biggest was a channel caught on cut,most of his fish were caught on cut, mine were all on live.

4. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Im gonna try 3 spots tonight and see how that goes.. I got alewife and sunnies..

5. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Fished for a few hours tonight with some people till about 12am then they left and Jerry and I decided to move. It was a good thing to cause Jerry ended up with one of his best nights of the year. He got a #30 and a #20 tonight. So good job to him, and he also came up to Abington to take me fishing tonight since my car was in the shop. So thanks again. At least now you have some pics of tonight :). Glad I could grab a few nice ones for you for a cnange :D ;).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  6. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    AWESOME! Glad you guys had a great night!:worship::worship::worship:

7. pennsyvinn

pennsyvinn Member

State:
    PA
    Hit the river last night with a load of nice bait.Big gills,greens,red eye,chubs & 2 8" bullhead.Guess what bait I had action on?The night started slow,acouple light runs & drops.Put on a bullhead' had a massive "smash & grab" run resulting in a 13-7# flat that fought like a 20#.Fished some other baits ,same light runs & drops.Put on my last bullhead,nice hard run,got hook.Felt 4 hard head shakes from a heavy fish then.........:sad2:My mono leader snapped about 4 inches from my hook.I was fishing in big rocks,so I should have been checking my line for abrasions every cast:embarassed:(I was taught better)Need to try to get more bullhead for tonight,since I'm not working tomorrow:smile2:

8. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Great job Ken and Jerry!!!:wink:

9. jerry0909

jerry0909 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    thanks ken it was a good time i just now got up

10. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    LOL. I went to bed at 6:30am and got up at 9am. I am trying to find a way out to the river tonight.

11. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Your a beast Ken!:smile2:

12. mattr

mattr New Member

State:
    PA
    Nice fish guys...

13. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Great new avatar Matt:wink:

14. jerry0909

jerry0909 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    it was a long nite but ken had some good tunes on his mp3 so it made the nite go by smooth we hit a couple new spots and got good production, i had my best nite in awhile i have not taken a picture of a fish in weeks un dnt need a net when fishin with ken just a pair of gloves 4 sum reason or another we always get soakin wet :crazy::eek:oooh:

15. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    You know it. Imagine how it would be if I got a bag!:eek:oooh::smile2:. Mike V is going to shoot out and grab me tonight for a little fishing. I love my BOC brothers out there that got my back like this :cool2:. Lastnight Jerry drove atleast 35 min out of his way lastnight both ways to get me and take me fishing, and tonight Mike is going to drive out opposite direction from the river to get me and take me fishing. I just want to say thanks to those guys again.:big_smile:

16. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    That's good stuff BOC brotherhood!!!

17. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Good fishing Ken,Jerry,and Vinnie!:cool2:

18. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I have got to find a spot for bullheads around here I've been dying to try em for bait for a while just can't get my hands on any:angry:

19. jerry0909

jerry0909 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    u can catch like 4 fish on 1 bullhead they can take a beatin

20. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Fishing was pretty crappy this past weekend. Fished friday, saturday, and sunday night and 5 fish landed total. All fish were under 8 lbs but Chris did manage a 29lber on friday night within the first 5 minutes of getting his line in.