Fall Redfish!

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by C_wernett, Nov 24, 2006.

1. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well for you redfish (red drum) enthusiast out there, a buddy of mine and I have had an awesome week, and have only gone twice! We went out last Saturday and caught 20. I had 12 and he caught 8. This included 4 fish over 30" long, but no big bulls over 40". We doubled up three times in a little over 2 1/2 hours on one spot.

To have ourselves a rather chilly, but fun, Thanksgiving, we headed back out. Fish were a bit slower, we only caught 8, but doubled up once and had one fish between 36" and 40".

We've had our best luck on cut mullet fishing 30-50' off the beach on an low incoming tide. I've been using a fish finder rig with a 2oz. pyramid. I think this has been working fairly well because it creates decent drag but still is allowing the bait to drift a little and attract/find fish.

2. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    My biggest fish was a Red Fish. Brings back good memories. I'm jealous.

3. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    We made our third trip out Sunday and caught 8 more between 18-30" long, including a coupld small blues, a short flounder and a couple of stingers. That brings our three trip total to 38 reds, 3 stingers, 1 clearnose, 1 flounder, 3 blues, and some various bait!