Fall patterns?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by slammer123, Sep 19, 2009.

1. slammer123

slammer123 New Member

State:
    virginia
    I'm planning on making a few more trips to the James to fish before I get real deep into hunting season. Anyway i haven't fished the fall much at all on the James. What kinda pattern do the blues get into from say Oct. to November 1st or so? What seems to work best? Are they more shallow or deeper, feed better at night or day? Any tips would be great!!

2. slammer123

slammer123 New Member

State:
    virginia

3. jcat61

jcat61 Guest

Haven't been on the river the last couple of weeks Mark, going to be filming a flathead DVD with Don Sweet on Salt Fork Lake in Ohio this weekend, so I have been up north the past couple of weeks. Start fishing during the day, with fresh cut bait. My 84 and 78 were both caught between 4 & 5 in the afternoon. 15'-30' water depth Thats all I got

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck Mark as I haven't fished that area.

5. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    November is the month the big girls start hitting,most of my fish over 50 have come off dropoffs and deep bends in 25 to 50 ft all on fresh gizzard shad.I think where you are fishing at certain times of the tide has alot to do with how many big fish you will get.If I was planing a trip for big fish it would be from november through march.If you look at past post you will see most the report of big fish are in those months.

6. slammer123

slammer123 New Member

State:
    virginia
    Thanks for the info fellas!

7. rclark

rclark New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Mark I wasn't ignoring you, I was waiting on some advice also!!:wink: