Fall, one big cold front?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Butchy, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Butchy

Butchy New Member

State:
    Rock Falls, IL
    Sorry guys, but I've got another Fall question. I live in central Illinois, so when Fall gets here there is a significant drop in temperature. So to me it seems like one big, long cold front. My question is could a cold front in Fall actually turn the bite on instead of off like it does in summer. I'm talking about after the front is here, not before it gets here.

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    With the drop in temperatures, the fish will again become more active.

3. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    If flooding rains accompany the cold front causes the rivers or lake to rise, as long as the water is rising, the catfish will be biting. But, as soon as the river crests or starts to fall, the bite is off. So, watch for heavy rains and fish where the water is coming in a river or lake. I live in Central Illinois also. I usually don't fish a day or 2 after a front comes through unless it floods.

4. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    I know that in southern regions of California, the cooler fall temps bring on big biting trends from both cats and stripers. Some of my best trips out tend to be OCtober/November. I tend to catch more fish during the day then at night during this time of year too.

-brian

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i live here in central il as well. i had success untill the temps were down into the 40's at night. i quit cause i was cold. the fish were still biting.