Fall is upon us brothers and sisters

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Apache Flats, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    If it's anything like last year in sept & oct :crazy::crazy: words cannot express how I feel. :smile2: There were times last year at this time I could only use one pole while fishing for Mr. Flathead, it got too crazy at times with both rods going at the same time. Well you know what I mean while fighting one fish and your clicker starts screaming on the other rod and you are by yourself. :0a32:

2. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Anthony, are you serious?? I was thinking for some reason it was winding down. You have just given me some hope, since I haven't been able to get out there.

3. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Yep Antony after hearing your fishing adventure and with weather cooling it perfect weather. In fact, I am taking my little boat to roosevelt, schoolhouse and go across to channel side for an overnight fish trip tonight. I give an report later. Mike

4. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I'm so anxious it's killing me........ :crazy:

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    The mornings are starting to be cooler and the air is drying up.. With a new moon around the corner I can see someone pulling a few more out close to your fish Anthony...

* I am gonna try to one up ya this weekend. I have not gotten a fish over 20 pounds in almost 2 years... (I'M DUE)... :big_smile::big_smile:

** Good luck folks. See you on the water.
    ~A

6. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Im headed up to Roosevelt myself in the A.M for the weekend!!:big_smile:

7. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    It feels like it dosen't it??
    But I fear its a false start.
    Do it now while the weather is still cool:roll_eyes:

8. galactic

galactic New Member

State:
    arizona
    got lucky in the salt last year, around late oct, early nov, and i remember it being a lil chilly, to az standards..lol and no moon.. and i dont really understand that moon phase stuff, mabee some one can explain, i thought it was for reading tides in the ocean:tounge_out:

9. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az

Andy, are you going to try to take 3rd place back. :smile2:I wish you all the best on that but I hope I can hang on to that spot for awhile. Maybe I can snag 2nd place before the end of the year, that is possible ya know.:wink: Now someone taking your spot in 1st place is not very possible unless they break the state record.:eek:oooh: I just dont see that happening it takes alot of luck as well as skill to do that. Sooo your the man be proud of that dude. :wink: I will be at the lake on the 26th if any of you see me stop by and say hi. I will have plenty of cold ones for anyone interested.

10. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    On this site you need 68 lbs to take first place. Gonna need a 54"er to take Andy's catch and release record. Breaking any of the records can happen for any one of us on any cast. I think Andy is right. He is due. It's all about percentages and try enough places enough times and sooner or later you'll be in the right place at the right time. Guys like most of us on here already have the skill to find fish and catch them, so that is all that separtes us. Luck and percentages. Actually i guess you and me (Anthony) are real lucky not all AZ BOC enters the HOF. I have seen a 60lbr and another 67Lbr caught by AZ BOC folk this year. So we'd both be kicked off. I haven't broke 30 lbs in almost a year so hopefully i'm due soon too. One thing is for sure i will not give up. NEVER!!!! Good luck to all ya. :big_smile:

11. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    * I am not too concerned about the HOF.. I just want a big cat... I have forgotten how it feels to reel in a big one...
    * I keep getting excited every time I reel in a damn turtle.. lol
    ** I might hit you up on the cold one bro~ I gotta hang with you a little and maybe I can pick up some pointers and figure out what I am doing wrong.

Take care~~A

12. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Ok you two I was just messing with you guys. Please dont take those remarks serious heck I dont take myself serious. I know alot of fisherman that dont post what they catch, or take pictures, a few dont even talk about it. I am still a newby, this is my 4th year fishing for flatheads. I got lucky finding this web site and I have a good friend that showed me the ropes last year. So whatever I know is from alot of folks that I listened to or what I read here. As for the HOF my thought was to start a little contest ''game'' between whomever wanted to have a little fun. I know I'm stuck doing this as long as I am healthy, its in the blood now. Good luck to you all and hope to see you on the water sometime soon.

13. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hopefully you didn't take my post as a cranky one. I was just sharing my pov and hopefully just shootin the shit with you guys. I like to talk fish almost as much as fishing. I like catching even better. :wink:

14. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Im hoping to get out as much as possible up to the very last second of the season...next 6 weeks are gonna be tough for me though since we are starting a fall exercise here...same thing happened earlier this year in the spring. Im gonna try to just catch some cats at night and catch some sleep during my chow breaks next day (yeah...right:roll_eyes:).

15. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Hell yea I'm with you guys I just want to know where to go. Been here for a month now and all I got are the canals between yuma co 14th and somerton co 15th. So hook a brother up.

16. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    It's on Sepember 26th :crazy::crazy::crazy:

17. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    It's on from the 26th to the 4th :wink:

18. AZflats

AZflats New Member