fall get together

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by fmb, Sep 28, 2009.

1. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hey I don't want to call this a gathering (because no one would show up:smile2:) but I was just wondering about a get together at the loup canal.

I have fished with many members at the canal and had a blast. and I think more ppl would show up just because of the "central location". there is great camping at headworks and FREE electric hookups.

this is just an idea and I would like to hear some more about this.

the fall bite is on and I think a day trip out to the canal would be great..

2. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    the fall bite is on here too... no one showed up i guess you you can only have them in places that you can "bank fish" only... not trying to start a war just my 2 cents worth

3. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Fmb,set a date. You know I'll do my damnest to be there!

4. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    ya the mo gathering went south pretty fast..maybe we should turn these gathering into mini tourneys...maybe some one would show up then...if some one told me twenty bucks goes to the biggest fish at the mo gathering I probally would have made the trip.:smile2:

5. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Fmb, I could make up a nice bag or two of weights to donate for a big fish prize and a largest stringer prize. If anyone else had anything they would like to donate then we could probably put togather a couple prize packages. Even if everybody that shows up just brings a pack of hooks or something cheap like that for a "entry fee" we could then divide that all up and turn it right around into the prize packs. could be a good friendly competion,to liven things up?

6. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    all sounds great.. would love to go when ever it is... but my hours specify that saturday night be my last day of the work week :sad2:. so im a sunday monday fisher now.. but.. least i still getta go fishin :smile2:!!

GOOD LUCK TO YA ALL!!!

7. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    all sounds good...lets start thinking about a day that will work for most people...sunday???

come on nebraska members that havn't chimed in yet....lets here some more thoughts

8. subcook

subcook Member

State:
    Grand Island, Nebraska
    this all sounds like a plan to me just needs a date but if it's a sunday I won't be abla to make it till after 6 maybe later and now that this front is here I'm have bait problems but yea let me know a date and I'll do my damnedest to be there

9. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    subcook I hope you can make it....and bait should not be an issue...I'm heading out today to stock up...

I'm thinking next weekend like saturday or sunday oct. 10th or 11th

satty got any plans that weekend???

10. subcook

subcook Member

State:
    Grand Island, Nebraska
    I should be able to make it unless my boss is an ass again and ignores my request for it off. and I should have everything I need to get at least one fflatties this year or my quest will continue next spring I might even make it up tomorrow after I get off work around 3 or 4 so if it all works out I will e doing eveything I can to make it to both

11. sattv

sattv New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Fishin with you :cool2:

12. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    FMB,we still doing this and how many guys can we expect? Any idea?

13. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I got 5 guys that will show up....even if I gotta drag em out of the house with promises of beer and warm weather:big_smile:

step away from the hunting gear Nebraska members fishing is NOT over:smile2:

14. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    works for me,what day we doing this? next sunday?

15. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    ya this weekend 4 sure....

guys don't make me start calling you out....

16. sattv

sattv New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I will hit the canal with you......Just not during a husker game please

17. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    huskers play this thursday right???

this saturday works best for me...but I could do sunday as well

subcook you still after a flathead??? lets get it done this weekend...

tony you got any plans???

I'll have my grill with me with plenty of food...don if you make it lets do up some sinkers...and put an end to skunk fest 09

18. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    COUNT ME OUT, if I go at all I'll hit summit one more time.

19. newtothesport

newtothesport New Member

State:
    nebraska
    i'm going to be up around that area this weekend..... i havent got to do much fishing this year just had a little girl last friday. what time you guys getting there?

20. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    well weather depending I'll be there saturday all day...I don't know about sunday yet gotta get a baby sitter if it's to cold...

congrats on the little one