Fall Get together for Ohio boys.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Desperado, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I had such a great time at the last get together. I want to have a fall get together, but wanted to hear from the guys of which lake or river you would like to have it at. Just let me know. I would prefer not to have alcohol there since we will have kids around. I guess that might have a few not coming, but tough. I would like to have it locally to everyone, and knowing that it is going to be tough, as close as we can. Please try to have better excuses than before so we can have a good turn out.... :p ... I know work does get in the way and that is understandable. Maybe this time we could have a cookout or pot luck. I thinking about giving prizes to the kids that catch the biggest fish or something to that effect. Send me a Pm or e-mail..or just post here so you can get your post numbers up. :rolleyes: LOL.

I look forward to hearing your ideas, plans, and of course the great excuses...LOL

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Lets go where some of the bigger ones are Dillon, Deer Creek, Alum, Delaware would be my sugestions for central folks. What time are we looking at Fri/Sat thing?

3. Pole_Cat

Pole_Cat New Member

This is Pole_Cat. Iam a new BOC Would like to get together.
    I am about halfway between Buckeye and Deercreek. Have to consider Deercreek drawdown. Keep posted.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    The only thing about Deer Creek I dont like is by the spill way not much room to work with. Just before you get to the Dam there is an area that looks prime fishing main lake part. Ive never fished anything but the Dam and didnt catch a thing had a couple of bites on Gill tho.

5. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT New Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Hello Everyone!!!! Sounds great and count me in.Alum creek would be my first choice only because i have pontoon over there and dont trailer it just leave it over there and could take 3-4 people without boats.Other than that ill go anywhere you have it. Have a great one!!

6. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Thats is mighty nice of you riverrunt to offer your boat. But Alum is a great lake to fish for cats. Anymore input?

7. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    :)

If I'm off I'd like to make it too. Is anybody getting Flatheads @ these spots?

"Join in the pursuit"!
    <><Baitkiller><>

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Steve if Im not mistaken Alum is mostly chanel there are some flats there Deer Creek has flatties not sure on Delaware State park

9. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    how about dillon i guess they have both the flatties and channels anyway there is a real good chance you will see me and kelly no matter where it is :p

10. redneck_oh_44833

redneck_oh_44833 New Member

State:
    Galion Ohio
    I'll be there if at all posible
    I'd like it in alum or delaware
    not sure were dillon is but buckeye lake is a long way for me to go
    if on a lake with no hp limit I can bring my boat I can fit two others on it with me and my boy

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    redneck_oh_44833 Dillon is past Newark about 30min from Buckeye

12. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Well guys , It's looking like Dillion or maybe the Muskingnum River. Since some want a shot at getting a large flathead. Dillion lake is unlimited on motors.

13. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I say Lake Logan. Lot's of nice flats come from there. And it's only about 250 acres.

14. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I do think it has a 10 horse limit though. But Really nice flatheads!!! :D

15. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    madcatter.... I never thought of Lake Logan. It is a very short drive for me and I have never made it there fishing for flats yet. Even if the gathering is not at Lake Logan I have got to get the boat out on it. Abu

16. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I haven't fished there is there a good bit of room for bank fishing?

17. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I've never been there but Tony and I have talked about going there. Like I said, It's not a really big lake, so finding spots shouldn't be too hard. Oh yeah, And if you look on the odnr website, It shows a map of the lake with depths and Boxes? planted in the lake for cover. It seems like a good lake for Flatheads. Most of the big flatheads on the odnr website are from Lake Logan.

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Logan does look like a good spot even looks like I may be able to cast to some of the deep holes LOL.

Here is the Link from ODNR

Lake Logan

19. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    So, does everyone like the lake logan idea?

20. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Sounds good so far. I'm going to take trip down that way and see what we have to work with. I'll let you know what I find.