FALL GATHERING

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by HUSKER77, Aug 25, 2009.

BOC GATHERING DATES

1. NOVEMBER 20-22

2. NOVEMBER 27-29

3. DECEMBER 4-6

4. DECEMBER 11-13

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. HUSKER77

HUSKER77 New Member

State:
    IRVING, TX
    BOC GATHERING DATES

2. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Thanks for posting the poll John. This will help determine the best time to have it the best.

3. SeanT.

SeanT. New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Texas
    I would like to come to this if I am allowed.

4. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Sean everyone is allowed, the more the merrier.

5. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Does that mean us Arkies can come too?

6. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Sure enough Steve. Looks like several arkies are already planning on coming.

7. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I think I heard buckethead say he may be coming. I was at WDM and can still taste those channels you guys brought with you for the cookout. I would like to try some of the fishing you were telling us about.

8. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Steve the time of year we are planning the gathering is big blue time. We have caught as many as 20 fish from 30 to 50 something pounds in a day during the winter months. Hope you can make it.

9. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey, Steve !!!!!

We might have to hook up and head that away !!!!!!!

I would like to hear the rest of that story that Dave and Gary was telling
    about the " Lili's"" gettin plowed under :smile2::smile2:

Hey , Gary

what kind of motels or around there???? sounds like it might be a little ""Chili""" for doin the Tent Thang !!!!!!!!:big_smile:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  10. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Hey Cliff that sounds like a plan too me!

11. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Cliff, there are several hotels/motels in the Greenville area, about 20 miles away. If I am not mistaken the state park has cabins for rent also. We could consider another park on the lake that I know has cabins for rent and is much closer to Greenville. I will check to see if there are any cabins at the state park and also motels in Quinlan which is closer to the state park. There are 2 really good parks on the lake to hold a gathering of any size. Tawakoni State Park and Wind Point Park. I will contact both tomorrow and get rates for the time of year we are planning and let everyone know so we can decide which one to have the gathering at. The State Park has nicer facilities, and Wind Point Park has cabins for sure that I know of. Might put a poll up and see which venue people would prefer.

I just did a little checking and Wind Point Park would probably be our best bet. They have 8 cabins that rent for $75 a night. They also have 105 RV/ tent camping sites with water and electricity. The cabin rate there would probably be cheaper than a hotel. It is $75 a night for up to 2 people and $5 each for extra people up to 6. It doesn't look like the State Park has cabins.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  12. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    cabins sounds good gary, ask about group rates, lets see if theyll give us a deal if we pack um out.

13. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas

Sounds good Gary,

I know that , in November the weather in Texas can do some wiered stuff, it can be 80 one day and a Ice Storm the next :smile2:
    Just as soon as the dates or final for the Gathering, and the Place, I will see about reservations for a cabin,

Thanks for the information and the up date, I would like to make it if at all possible, maybe I can get Steve fired up to go also:smile2:

I would love to hang one of those 40 lb. Blues:roll_eyes:

14. SeanT.

SeanT. New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Texas
    Looks like Dec. 4-6 is winning so far.:cool2:
    I should be there with either my brother or my oldest son.

15. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    If I start sweet talking the wife now she might let me use the Popup one of you guys can stay with me when I got in from Wmd yesterday I :0a23:said some thing about tex. and she Rolled her eyes

16. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    hey pastorE, if you wanna save your truck in some weight, leave that pop up, bring your boat instead, and lets get about six of us together and get one of them cabins if we can pack out a few of them things i believe we can make this a very afforable trip for erbody. right on the lake, in comfort. just a thought.

17. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i voted dec gary. those other dates i prolly wont be able to swing it.

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Sure would like to attend but the wife was not to pleased with me after WDM, I was sick Sunday Afternoon and all day monday, If it was held next week I know she would Say He-- no!!:confused2::embarassed:

19. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    set a date gary so we can get our reservations set up
    i'm setting on go

20. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    wind point park is the closest ramp and cabins close to the dam right gary.
    with my small motor i dont need to travel too far to get to the fishing spots.
    we need to make arrangements with the park manager so if the weather dont cooperate we can reschedule for another weekend.
    how hard are shad to find in early december?